Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gleason 8 Ductal Crib form De Novo Pelvic Lymph Node 3 Lytic Lesions Radiology Prostatectomy, Can I

Going through the stories here on this site, just about every Gleason 8 that had RP is alive, so is a few I talk to that had RP after metastatic spread…
Please give your advice, experience and research…
My Story
Bio
Caucasian Male DOB: 1961
Has Severe Plaque Psoriasis since 2003
Has received Embrel, Stelera and Tremfya biologics but, no longer on an immune suppressant as of 03/18/2022 due to concern of advanced metastatic prostate cancer.

Diagnosed
By PSA Score 942.40 06/24-2022-07/06/2022
Advance Metastatic Prostate Cancer with Ductal subtype
with focal cribform architecture in carcinoma (it is rare, unfortunately aggressive)
4 cores out of 15 with another questionable core with necrosis and questionable atypical cells
Stage 4 Gleason 8 3 Lytic Lesions (unusual or rare)
CT Scan, Pylarify Pet Scan, Bone Scan,
3T 3D guided MRI with write over
07/15/2022 Transperineal Biopsy

Biopsy 07/15/2022

Prostate cancer (C61)
DIAGNOSIS :

A. Prostate core, left anterior apex, biopsy:
Prostatic adenocarcinoma, Grade Group 4 (Gleason score 4+4=8) with ductal features, involving 5% (1 mm) of 1/1 core.

B. Prostate core, left anterior base, biopsy:
Prostatic adenocarcinoma, Grade Group 4 (Gleason score 4+4=8) with ductal features, involving 95% (13 mm) of 1/1 core.

E. Prostate core,midline apex, biopsy:
Prostatic adenocarcinoma, Grade Group 4 (Gleason score 4+4=8) with ductal features, involving 70% (9 mm) of 1/1 core.

O. Prostate, MR target prostate core x5, biopsy:
Prostatic adenocarcinoma, Grade Group 4 (Gleason score 4+4=8) with ductal features, involving 30%, 10% (2 mm, 1 mm) of 2/5 core fragments.

K. Prostate core, left lateral apex x2, biopsy: Benign fibromuscular tissue with hemorrhage and rare atypical cells; cannot exclude reactive myofibroblasts.

Started Firmagon 7/6/2022
Zytiga with Prednisone 7/20/2022
and Docetaxel Chemotherapy on 08/11/2022

Ductal Prostate Cancer is
aggressive, it cannot be monitored by psa score alone.
As it can still spread by low non existing psa numbers.

PSA 942.40 7/6/2022
To 2.87 08/03/2022
To 1.07 08/11/2022
To 0.41 09/01/2022
To 0.34 09/13/2022 Testosterone <7
To 0.24 10/18/2022 Testosterone <7
To 0.20 11/08/2022 Testosterone <7
Started Otelza for psoriasis and that May of moved my PSA up, I hope to God I’m not failing already, MO is not concerned
Up To 0.26 11/29/2022 Testosterone <7

Re: Gleason 8 Ductal Crib form De Novo Pelvic Lymph Node 3 Lytic Lesions Radiology Prostatectomy, Ca

I have been finding studies and some trials, this one from Germany, I’m in the USA https://beta.clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT02454543

Does anyone have any experience or maybe share research or studies on having RP after metastases?

Re: Gleason 8 Ductal Crib form De Novo Pelvic Lymph Node 3 Lytic Lesions Radiology Prostatectomy, Ca

Hi Jam,
Given your circumstance, conventional medical thinking would be toward a systemic treatment focus. RP as you are no doubt aware is a localised treatment for a tumour that has not either breached or just breached the walls of the prostate. So I am not to sure what the rationale of your medical oncologist would be if they are recommending RP?

john bonneville

Well, I had the surgery as it was offered through a trial, but since I qualified I decided to go ahead and have Davinci Radical Prostatectomy with lymph node removal, 8 lymph nodes removed no pcs cancer, one showing resolved by chemotherapy. I am now per John Hopkins a Gleason 9, bladder neck and positive margins in some areas…the oncologist doesn’t want me to do radiation but John ahopkins, Dr Epstein states I should once my light leakage very now and then stops all together or clears up.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS