Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Alan
What is the RIGHT Strategy or Philosophy? IMO, the WRONG Way to Look at It
Even though the February 15th reply posted by Bob prompted me to write this, I decided to list it as a new post since the recent replies to the original PCa Statistics post have not really been about statistics at all (& this isn’t about statistics either)....
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 5:47am
by David
s
Sandy
Is surgery a good option for my 74 year old father?
Hello, My 74 year old father has been diagnosed with prostate adenocarcinoma. Some details that I know of include gleason 4+3, PSA 20; tumor in both lobes; estimated tumor volume 65 %; bone scan is clean; CT scan is clean with no evidence of metastases to lymph no...
Views: 298   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2012 12:01am
by Sandy
s
stanm
wide beam
after two years of .01 ,.02 showed up twice. iwas told thati could wait to 1.0 was the cut off,time to act. well i choose not to wait. .02 18 treatments ,18 more to go. so far no real side effects to speak of. some have said i jumped the gun, iguess its up to you...
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 3:25pm
by Bruce
p
Pat
salvage therapy after radiation
Any salvage therapy avail. for patients after failed external beam radiation? Age 74, radiation 6 yrs. ago, PSA doubled from 3 -6 in past year, T2, Gleason 3+3,3+4, locally confined, biopsy confirms calcification,3 previous rectal injuries over 50 yr. span incl. fis...
Views: 413   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2012 6:49am
by Pat
PSA from different assays
I have had three rounds of biopsies totaling fifty four cores in which cancerous cells were found in twenty percent of one core and labeled Gleason six. Based on that diagnosis I have been on Active Surveillance for the last two years. In the last four months my PSA...
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 1:18am
by Gregory Furey
a
Alan
The Problem with PCa Mortality Statistics (My Own Personal Perspective)
First of all, this is not intended to be a continuation of the friendly disagreement with Terry on the issue of age & AS from last week. That is over & done with. Plus, I can’t disagree with Terry when he said: “Young men have to live long enough to di...
Views: 566   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 19, 2012 1:09pm
by bob
Rising PSA Following Proton Radiation Treatment
My latest journal entry dated 2/17/2012 provides information that may be helpful in evaluating t3AU9he significance of a rising PSA subsequent to treatment by proton radiation; see http://protondon.blogspot.com/ Don O.
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2012 2:35am
by Don Oberlin
Later used, HT option from 2000 Journal article & seen in 3 patients using it right now
I have to make this a short story and you can either try to read about such or look into it yourself. Anyway a Journal article was showing how patients whom are with PCa and already in HT type therapies and having psa rises on going, can try this combo and most likel...
Views: 263   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2012 9:08am
by Terry Herbert
Brachytherapy vs. IMRT
46 diganosed with PC 3 weeks ago. PSA 2.9 Gleason 6 T1c, 6 of 12 cores positive. All cancer contained within prostate and caught pretty early in process. PSA is not doubling at this point but at age 46, everything I read and every doc I talk to says watchful waiti...
Views: 459   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 2:07am
by David
j
John34
Doctors
Hi, first attempt at using yana: Three days ago I was cancer free. Now I am seeking a Doctor. Considering Dr Samadi, Mount Sinai, Johns Hopkins, or a local doctor in Chambersburg, PA. Any thoughts on these or other potential doctors within 500 miles of G...
Views: 301   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 11:12pm
by HR
a
AndyC
Hello & Seeking advice...
Hello Everyone. I have just joined this forum and posted my story in the experiences area. I thought I would post here as well to say hello and possibly gain some additional advice from the readers of this forum. Here's a bit of my story: I am 48 years old and...
Views: 413   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 6:32am
by Jack Jennings
Survey Report - and another Survey Request
Many of you responded last year to a request to complete a survey for a thesis on the value of sites like these on the Internet. A summary of the response cn be read here - Results of the Online Survey There are no real surprises there, but it is nice to know th...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 6:07pm
by Terry Herbert
j
Jose
Annual or semi annual testing after rp
I had an rp back in 2003, almost ten years ago. My pas is always around .1 to .2 I always had it tested annually. Two years ago I took another type of PSA test and it came in at .09 I'm thinking about taking my PSA test from once per year to once every two years....
Views: 470   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 7:43am
by Terry Herbert
a
Alan
Respectfully Disagreeing with Terry on AS worries, PSA & Age issues
Terry, I respectfully disagree with you when you define me as a worrier and say: “...as such you tend to take the worst case scenario instead of the best - or even to clearly understand that there is a range of outcomes rather than one definitive one”....
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 6:12pm
by Terry Herbert
t
Tom F
Active Surveillance Biospy intervals
I need some advice as after being diagnosed with a gleason 6 (1 out of 14 cores with 15% cancer in that core)with a PSA of 2.7, DRE negative in 11/2011, I chose active surveillance even being just 55 years old. Here is my concern, 1 Urologist says I need another bios...
Views: 243   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 1:54pm
by Tom F
7 February
My apologies for straying from the purpose of this forum, to address Prostate Cancer issues, long enough to wish our host and überMentor Terry a most Happy Birthday. Wishing you all the best from Indiana!
Views: 324   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 8:01pm
by The Stranger
ADT 1, 2 and 3
On the website www.MyProstate.eu, under the heading: "Hormonal Therapy" they list ADT1, ADT2, and ADT3. Does anyone know what the difference is?
Views: 259   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 5, 2012 4:08am
by Henk van der Wil...
failing vision
One thing I love about this site is the fact that the Discussion posts are printed in a nice large and dark font. No need to zoom in. My vision is good, but the damn floaters get in the way when the print is too small and faint on the monitor. My thanks to the s...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 2:18pm
by Jack Assainte
Drug companies influences on docs and disclosure laws (from Dr. William Douglas email reports)
Now I can't prove anything in a few sentences and surely suspect plenty of game playing on us cancer patients of all types. Pushing the highest priced or profittable drugs seems way to common place from what I have seen. Lupron has like 75% of the LHRH market share,...
Views: 201   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 2:10pm
by Brian Watts
Dr. Bob Leibowitz - experience?
Hi there - I have been reading about Dr. Bob and wondered if anyone has any experience with him? I read that one of the mentors was a patient, but am curious to hear more about him. Thank you.
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 4:27am
by Jack Assainte
Surgery Prep
As I do my research, it seems that robotic surgery may be the option I choose. However, as I prepare for surgery, it is difficult to find some guidelines or suggestions to minimize incontinence or ED. I have started doing Kegels on the advice of a contact on here a...
Views: 327   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 8:32am
by John Lee
exercise
Ever since I have started dealing with prostate cancer I have been exercising daily, except for the day or two after my monthly injection. (Still, I can't get rid of the belly). However, I was puzzled by a video of Dr. Meyers in which he encourages exercise. He tel...
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 4:59am
by Roger Carnell
My wish list
I told my Dr.recently that I have had a lidocaine shot and 24 needle plugs taken from my prostate when I was diagnosed (2 biopsies). Google says the US alone has spent over 2 trillion on cancer in the last 30 years. I told him since they have been actually "inside"...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 3:56am
by Joe Mac
t
Tom F
Fractionated Pectin Powder
I went to see a Naturopath who specializes in Prostate issues & he recommended getting the above substance as a anti-cancer growth & metatisis inhibitor for any free cancer cells that might be looking for a place to do some damage. Anyone else have any experience wit...
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 2:37am
by Tom F
Bloody urine.
Two months ago I began to notice red blood at the end of my urine flow, only three to five drops. This was not related to any other kidney or bladder symptoms. I am two and a half years since my last HBRT. It lasted for 10 days and went away, but returned a week la...
Views: 334   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 10:45am
by Joe Mac
ADT by pills instead of injections
Has anyone had hormone therapy using pills instead of injections? If so what were the side effects and how did you cope with them. Ken from New Zealand
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 11:57am
by Ken Vernon
j
Jo
Experiences with Zytiga
After nearly 7 months on Zytiga with outstanding results we are now seeing a PSA rise on two successive tests - with doubling time of .27 yrs. Since the highest PSA was 1600 and the current is only 58, we are seeing the good side of significant drop. And my husband...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 7:57am
by Jo
Testosterone ratio to Estrogen and risk of prostate cancer.
I am a 47 year old man with prostate cancer which was discovered 18 months ago. My cancer is t2 Gleason 3+3. My doctor initially reccomended I get surgery within 3 months. I have choose watchful waiting and went on non fat, non dairy no read meat diet. I love Pom...
Views: 462   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 1, 2012 3:47am
by Jack Assainte
a
Alan
The PIVOTAL 10 year, 9018 man study data behind my AS decision
I thought I would share this study summary data with the readers (taken from an article dated 2/14/2008, which stated that this was the largest study to look at this issue since PSA tests became popular). I gathered a lot of research information following my diagnos...
Views: 810   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 8:09am
by Terry Herbert
Healthy Diet
Aloha I know that diet has had more than it's share of time on this web site. I watch wimp.com a lot and this one got my attention. http://www.wimp.com/mindingmitochondria/ This is the first video/reference relating a bunch of foods that I can agree with to pote...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2012 5:13am
by Joe Mac
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS