Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr. Bob Leibowitz - experience?

Hi there - I have been reading about Dr. Bob and wondered if anyone has any experience with him? I read that one of the mentors was a patient, but am curious to hear more about him. Thank you.

Re: Dr. Bob Leibowitz - experience?

Annette,

Dr Bob is a very controversial figure in parts of the prostate cancer industry.

From a personal point of view, much of what he used to say back in the day when I read more about him and his ideas, made a lot of sense. But one of the problems was that there was no way anyone could get hold of good data to see if his results were as good as he claimed.

His defenders said he was too busy helping people to write acceptable studies: his attackers pointed to apprent anomolies in the little bit of material that had been published.

This was all about ten years ago on Mailing List that has gone out of business and since then I have seen relativelt few references to him.

Can I suggest you join the PPML - there's a link on the MAILING LIST page and ask around there. There are a lot of 'old boys' of my vintage who may be able to help you.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Dr. Bob Leibowitz - experience?

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear your latest approach to treatment has lowered your numbers.

Regarding Dr. Bob Leibowitz, who you posted about in May, 2011, I have read his reports, put out as late as 2011, if memory serves me, on the studies he has conducted that seem to back up his claims. But it does seem a bit self-serving that he has to go so far as to get a patent on the term 'Total Androgen Blockage', TAB. Dr. Myers has good things to say about his work.

Jack
USA

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS