Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Healthy Diet

Aloha
I know that diet has had more than it's share of time on this web site. I watch wimp.com a lot and this one got my attention.
http://www.wimp.com/mindingmitochondria/
This is the first video/reference relating a bunch of foods that I can agree with to potentially my health. It made me think about what I can actually eat. I don't know if I can do this, but at least I won't need to give up beef.
Joe

MS & Nerve Damage

I've never seen any reference to someone beating MS, such as shown in this video. Been trying to eat at least two plate fulls of vegies/day. So far so good. Perhaps it will repair the nerve damage in my feet.
Joe

Re: MS & Nerve Damage

Hi Joe Mac,

If you have nothing against supplements, you could try Alpha-lipoic acid and certain B vitamins, I think, namely, B1, B6 and B12. My internist had me take them after a bout of chemo several years ago. Now I no longer am bothered by peripheral neuropathy. It may have been because of the ALA or all the other supplements I took along the way.

Jack

Re: MS & Nerve Damage

Aloha Jack,
The main idea behind not taking supplements (besides cost) is that veggies,fish oil & meat provide all of what our body needs to regenerate nerve tissue plus what ever else needs fixing.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS