Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Rapid Arc Radiation Treatment
Does anyone have any information on or been treated by Rapid Arc Radiation ? Do the cure rates compare with standard IRMT or Proton Treatment?
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 9:07am
by Jack M
b
bill
photons
How long do they continue to kill cancer cells after last treatment
Views: 265   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 7:14pm
by Frank
s
Scott
When to get second opinion
Just got the call from Dr. today. Age 55 PSA 5.01 DRE found enlarged with mass on 1 side Biopsy shows 4+5=9 gleason He wants to do CAT and MRI. Should I get second opinion before or after scans. How to find the best hospital for treatment. I am in V...
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 6:13pm
by Terry Herbert
Penile Injections
Aloha, Did the search for this subject, did not find anything. So, has anyone have experience with penile injections? My doc is suggesting this approach. Thanks, Joe
Views: 544   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 21, 2012 4:07pm
by Joe Mac
r
Ralph
PSA
I had surgery 4 1/2 years ago. My last psa was .03. I had one taken last week and was .1 I later thought about how I had ridden my motorcycle over 400 miles in the previous two days including my trip to the lab. Just wondering if this could effect the results....
Views: 544   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 18, 2012 9:14am
by Dan Abbene
Please help with this research if you qualify
I don’t usually post or allow messages about research projects because there are so many, but believe this is a special exception because of the circumstances that led to the project. Deborah H. Smith is undertaking research for a dissertation to be submitt...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2012 6:52pm
by Terry Herbert
Proton Beam Fiducials
Does every Proton Radiation Center require placement of Fiducials ?
Views: 360   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 8, 2012 1:07am
by Thomas Harris
Fatigue from Radiation/Brachytherapy
Can anyone who has had the above treatments tell me to what degree they suffered fatigue and how long did it last after treatment? Ken (from New Zealand)
Views: 519   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 7, 2012 5:07am
by Bruce
side effect recurrence
It's been 19 months out from my due date for a Zolodex shot, every now and then I get hit with hot flushes and joint pains that last a week or so then disappear. Is this normal?
Views: 427   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2012 4:08am
by Joe Mac
j
john q
active surveilance
i believe im t1c gls score 6 psa under 10 3 spots of cancer out of 12 cores one spot is 100 per cent other 2 spots 6 an 8 per cent respective ly cancer cant be felt boswick lab says it getting magressive what should i do im 79 yrs in pretty good health i t...
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2012 1:45pm
by Terry Herbert
r
Roger
Active Surveillance as Favored Path
Here is a copy of yet another study that concludes that for low risk PC, Active Surveillance is the favored path. http://www.internalmedicinenews.com/specialty-focus/nephrology-urology/single-article-page/active-surveillance-favored-for-low-risk-prostate-cancer.ht...
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2012 10:52am
by Akai
j
Jack
September newsletter
Hi Terry, As always, I enjoyed reading your latest newsletter, especially since it's an indication that you're in fine spirits. Regarding testosterone replacement, I can report that my second-to-last blood test showed a T of 30 or so. At that time I started taki...
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 28, 2012 1:00pm
by Jack
Theranostic Imaging
In his latest newsletter Marckini refers to a new technique called theranostic imaging which uses a precise delivery system enabling cancer cells to be attacked by chemotherapy agents without harming normal cells. It also mentions a recent report from John Hopkins Un...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2012 12:46pm
by Don Oberlin
self-administered ADT/Eligard
Has anyone gotten the ADT (Lupron, Eligard) from pharmacy and self administered? Cost from my pharmacy here in Maine for 7.5mg Eligard is $400 for the kit which includes the hypodermic needle. Cost of same at doc's is $835; these are pre-insurance adjustments. I hav...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2012 12:33pm
by Joe Patten
m
MARIA
MDV1300
My husband, 43 years old, and 3 years since diagnosis, is going to start with Xtandy (MDV3100 Enzalutamide). Has anybody used this medicine already? PSA trend with this drug? Thank you
Views: 528   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 8:01pm
by Terry Herbert
Skin Irritation & Blisters Around Stoma
Aloha, I'm experiencing blisters around the edge of the stoma wafer adhesive. In the hospital, most were large, like 1/2". About 3 weeks out from operation, doc recommended 500 mg Vit C/day. Next time I changed the stoma wafer, the blister size had reduced to 1/4" o...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 2:17am
by Joe Mac
t
Tom F
Recurring dull pain after bowel movement
I know I have brought this up before, but have any of you ever experienced this type of an on-going issue related to having a bowel movement & pain in your lower left groin area, sometimes radiating into the penis as well. It seems to subside after a few hours only t...
Views: 428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 18, 2012 7:35am
by john q
j
john q
hormone therapy and pagets disease?
has anyone any knowledge of the occurence of pagets disease bone disease and the use of hormone therapy for example lupron ar firmagon id love to hear your opinion thanks john q
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2012 1:58pm
by john q
b
BS65
Decision process
I am sure my story is no different than thousands of others but I am reaching out none the less. I am grabbing onto every straw of information I can find and seeking advice from those who have walked this path before me. I am now beginning to work my way through...
Views: 446   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 14, 2012 11:22am
by BS65
j
Jo
MDV3100
Anyone had this investigational drug and had poor initial response, but delayed successful drop in PSA? 30 days after initiation of therapy, PSA went from 800 to 1700. Test at 60 days will determine whether or not the treatment will be ceased. Thanks for responses.
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2012 11:55am
by Jo
j
john q
lupron versus firmagon
for the long term which is safer lupron of firmagon i read on pharmacy/youtube the irreversable side of firmagon dont undersrant it too tevhnical for me any ideas thanks john q
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2012 12:16pm
by john q
Colonsocopy Enigma
I underwent proton radiation for PCa two years ago. Thus far I have experienced no adverse side effects: no bleeding, no incontinence and no impotence. Photographs taken during a recent colonoscopy showed the blood vessels in the vicinity of my prostate had changed...
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 4, 2012 5:02am
by Sir Ed Netta
j
john
degelarix
i need more info. on degelarix im havig one shot a month had my second shot a week ago my question is when this drug drops the testerone some say that this is irreversible does the testoterone retunn to normal after 6 months on this drug some boby mut hav...
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2012 11:14am
by Terry Herbert
Hormonr therapy
I started hormone therapy today (was given a shot of lupron). Prior to the injestion the nurse went over a laundry list of possible side effects. Can anyone who has been given lupron tell me what, if any, side effects are the most common? Are the side effects really...
Views: 510   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 30, 2012 1:15pm
by Jack
A Guide for Hormone Therapy - ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy)
An excellent guide to ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy)has been compiled by patient advocates and doctors from surgery, radiation and medical oncology. You can download a copy at Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer – A Patient Guide All the best...
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 2:44pm
by Terry Herbert
j
john
alternative to firmagon but diong the same thing?
in on firnagon it costs 144dollars every month can anyone suggest a cheaper and effective drug/ thanks john im taking this to lower testosterone and shrink prostate to have radiation eventually
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2012 11:48am
by john
j
jm
osteoporosis
Is radiation therapy contraindicated for guys with osteoporosis? We hear a lot about how radiation causes little cancer, but what about bone damage to the substantial portion of men who already have weak bones?
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2012 5:44pm
by Terry Herbert
p
Pete
Window of opportunity
Hello, I was diagnosed 2/11 T1C, 7 of 12 cores with most having cancer in greater than 50% of the sample, my gleason is 6. I am 51 one now and have been doing a mediocre job of using alternate therapy mainly supplement, herb, diet in the hopes of my body defeating th...
Views: 699   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 2:05pm
by Terry Herbert
j
Jo
Antiandrogen monotherapy
A friend has said he will be having monotherapy with " a very expensive daily pill" to preserve some of his sexual function. This sounds to me like monotherapy with Zytiga. I understood Zytiga to approved for use only with a primary androgen suppressor (agonist or...
Views: 323   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 1:14pm
by Terry Herbert
f
Frank
Managing incontinence
I'm totally incontinent when standing, it's not bad when sitting or sleeping but when I get up it just all comes out. Far and away the most disruptive side effect due to surgery. Much worse than I had ever imagined. I'm sure most of those that have chosen the su...
Views: 582   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 22, 2012 11:29pm
by Dino
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS