Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
q
Quincy
Thank you!
I just received a copy of "A Strange Place" in the mail. My Sweet Wife, SW, would like to say thanks for the cool stamps, I would like to say thank you for the marvelous info. As I am just learning how to navigate this site, please forgive any inevitable errors. Firs...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 10:51am
by Quincy
Doctor selection for surgery - how much experience is enough?
If I get the robotic surgery, one consideration is ... just how much experience does a doctor need to have? 1 year , 2 years, 10 years? Or is it 100 surgeries, or 300 surgeries? Is there a place to go to 'rate the surgeons'? Thanks
Views: 573   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 1:53pm
by Keith
Foley Catheter irritation
Three years ago I had a catheter inserted two days after a biopsy due to being unable to urinate. Walking caused tremendous irritation, swelling of the penis head and blood which caused the catheter to stick to the urethra. In a little more than two weeks I am going...
Views: 382   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 17, 2013 4:08pm
by Lloyd
Update on My Prostate Cancer Prognosis
An update FYI. Talked to my urologist other night at 7:00 pm. He is dedicated. 4/6 samples on the left side of prostate cancerous. Six on the right okay. Gleason score is 6 and considered very low grade cancer that will not spread very quickly. Mine probably is not o...
Views: 1004   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 16, 2013 2:37pm
by Mike
YANA April 2013 E-Letter
I have got the April E-Letter out a little earlier this month as ths time next week I will be in the Land Of The Long White Cloud aka New Zealand. We plan to hire a campervan and meetup with our sone who is already there with his family. It will either be a blast or...
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 9:15pm
by Brian Watts
Newly diagnosed
Greetings to all who visit this site - sharing your knowledge, experience and honesty are overwhelming! My situation goes has follows, Had first PSA level done 2 yrs ago = 6.0 Last month went up to 8.0 but what prompted my decision to have bx was one episode...
Views: 466   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 11, 2013 11:48am
by Terry Herbert
Newly Diagnosed with prostate Cancer
I had a biopsy done and just got the news last night that I have a very slow not-so aggressive prostate cancer. My urologist suggested that I have it surgically removed. No ifs ands and buts. My latest PSA was 4.2 but of late has been up and down and that was what co...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 2:05pm
by Terry Herbert
B2PCa June 29th Summer Function - Leicester, UK
Hi guys, Just a note to say that we have a dozen spare places at our annual 'do'. If you're interested in meeting up with the 'wild bunch', please mail me as soon as possible, and I'll send you full details. About 70 of us meet every year, we PCa guys, and our w...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 3:25am
by George Hardy
Australian Trial Recruiting: Living Well with Prostate Cancer:
We hae often discussed depression and the distress that accompanies prostate cancer. This Australia trial - unfortunately only open to Australian residents - aims at finding ways of reducing that distress. The details are: Living Well with Prostate Cancer: A rando...
Views: 447   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2013 4:38pm
by Terry Herbert
PSA Treatment
Prostate removed in 2009 Gleason 9 radiation treatment followed after a year psa levels started to climb slowly. Today it is 3.9 where as 6 months ago it was 1.9.The hospital usually start hormone treatment when psa is 10.They asked me what I wanted to do but I thou...
Views: 586   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 4, 2013 8:54am
by Roberta Lehman
Promoting Yana
I thought I might try promotinh Yana with this video clip I made Prostate Cancer? Go to YANA You Are Not Alone Now Please go along there and check it out - the more hits and the more likes the more exposure we get. If you don't like it let me know - and why....
Views: 336   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2013 10:25am
by Terry Herbert
Fame at last!!
Well, not so much fame that I get big-headed or put tickets on myself. I have been invited to join a Panel Discussion by a group Cure Talk. The flyer for the meet is here PROSTATE CANCER panel discussion on Thursday 28 March @ 6pm EST . I think it might be int...
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2013 7:03pm
by Terry Herbert
YANA March 2013 E-Letter
I don't know if you all know about the E-Letter which I publish roughly monthly (depends on ......) If you don't know about it the latest one is here E-LETTER 15 Subjects covered are: Anxiety - counselling and support necessary Young Men If...
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2013 1:47am
by don oberlin
T4 PCa in 2005, Poor Prognosis: Upbeat update
Hi All, March 24th 2013 - Eight years since diagnosis. I never dreamt it was possible I'd still be here. And...I'm still doing OK, although back on HT. Every year I have posted under this same topic 'T4 PCa in 2005, Poor Prognosis: Upbeat update' However,...
Views: 809   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 12:16pm
by Terry Herbert
j
john q
progesterone
i started using progesterone recently as i read numerous accounts from different sources how effective it is dr jonhn lee ie john lee md had 10 out of 10 patients in remission reading more info. on the internet progesterone inhibits the conversion of test...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2013 10:15am
by Harvey Johnson
Inguinal Lymph Nodes
Background: Diagnosed at age 56 with psa 23 and gleason 9 IMRT and Zoladex (Lupron) 2 years. Psa down to undetectable- after that steadily rising for the last 3 years. TURP due to complete urine blockage 6 months ago. Biopsy showed all Gleason 9 material. Last...
Views: 383   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 2:56pm
by Eitan HaLachmi
Misinformation
In a recent post John Bonneville had yet another crack at me (as he has for years now) and the 'misinformation' I post because I have dared to tell my story as it is - and people might sheepishly follow me without a thought as to whether my personal choice is suitab...
Views: 764   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 6:27am
by Keith Martin
m
Mike
Decisions after a Pathology report with Positive Surgical Margins
After my recent surgery, my pathology report said there were multiple positive margins, perineural invasion, but with no seminal vesicle or lymph node invasion. My cancer was upgraded from 3+3 to 4+3 and 50% involvement. From my reading , I noted the upgrade happens...
Views: 714   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 1:16pm
by Mike
m
Mac
Newly diagnosed
Hey guys -- I'm 46. I was diagnosed on February 20, 2013 with PC. My PSA was 2.8. My DRE was negative, however, I had a biopsy done at the suggestion of my urologist. The pathology report came back with a little in the left base. My Gleason score is 6 (3+3). My stagi...
Views: 721   Replies: 21
Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 2:50am
by Allen Lai Kim Hi...
r
Ralph
surgery then radiation, but not vice versa?
Why is it that you can't do surgery after radiation? Thanks.
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2013 4:20am
by JoeMac
Sloan Kettering Prostate Survival Nomogram
Hi I'm new to the forum, but not prostate cancer. I've tried many things (surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, hormone therapy and clinical trials) over the last three years no long term benefit. In my researching various things I came across the Memorial Sloan Kett...
Views: 496   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 12:30pm
by Terry Herbert
PC stage T1 and BPH
I was diagnosed with PC on January 21-st 2013. Two of 12 cores ware positive. Right mid 9+3=6, involving 23% of core length; right lateral Gleason score 3+3=6 involving 9% of core length. Size of the gland 58 cc. I'm researching radiation treatment - most appr...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 12:19pm
by Terry Herbert
r
Ralph
what's the difference?
what's the difference between a diagnosis of "prostatic adenocarcinoma"? and prostate cancer? Thanks.
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 8:58am
by Bob Parsons
t
TY
Just Diagnosed
I was diagnosed last week with PC. My PSA level on my first reading was 12.7. My Biopsy results, 7 of the 11 showed cancer with 2 of them having a Gleason score of 8. CT Scan and Bones scan were both negative. Today my wife and I had our consultation with the Urolog...
Views: 494   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 3:53pm
by TY
j
Jo
Has anyone stopped Lupron
I'm wondering why men would want to continue taking Lupron when a rapidly rising PSA is evidence that it is not working? Has anyone discontinued that therapy and if so, what happened?
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 11:18am
by Terry Herbert
Biochemically Recurrent Prostate Cancer After Local Therapy
Don Oberlin is coming up to the five year mark of his diagnosis. he has kept a detailed blog which you can access from his story and has spent a good deal of his time investigating his options and how best to track what is happening to him after an apprent failure o...
Views: 783   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 3, 2013 12:27pm
by don oberlin
physical fitness
I've seen a chart showing that for men of age 65 an excellent score in the push-up test would be 30 push-ups. I'm age 80, with ridiculously low testosterone scores, currently around 35, and chronic low-back pain. I exercise every day. I can do 45 push-ups. I...
Views: 593   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 7:27am
by Roger
Dr.Meyers' switch to Firmagon
In his Feb.27 video Dr. Meyers pointed out that he has learned that, for advanced cancer patients, Firnmagon has remission and survival advantages over Lupron-like drugs. He will be putting his advanced cancer patients on the drug on a continuous-use basis. I hav...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 6:42am
by Jack Assainte
b
Bob
frequent urinating
Hi I,m from the US. I had BT June 2011. In the past 6 weeks or so I find more urgency to urinate and more often urinating. It seems as though I go twice. I urinate and in 2 or 3 minutes I can do it again. Has any one else experienced anything like this? Will it get...
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 5:42am
by Jack Assainte
Cost of cancer drugs
An article in the website www.medscape.com is about a study in which the overall survival when using certain drugs is compared to the total cost, to get a cost per day. For instance, Taxotere, with an overall survival of 72 days, cost $206 per day. Zytiga, with a...
Views: 289   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2013 2:03pm
by Terry Herbert
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS