Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fame at last!!

Well, not so much fame that I get big-headed or put tickets on myself.

I have been invited to join a Panel Discussion by a group Cure Talk. The flyer for the meet is here PROSTATE CANCER panel discussion on Thursday 28 March @ 6pm EST .

I think it might be interesting - and will give me a chance to mention YANA!!

The question I'd lke to put to the panel is on Spontaneous Regression - see Yana Forum discussion on Spontaneous regression and Dr Snuffy Myers video on the subject.

I was also invited, last week, to join in the discussion run by The Reluctant Brotherhood .That seemed to go pretty well and there was a small upward blip in the number of visitors to the Yana site after the meet. John Teisberg who set up the site has offered to develop an audio mp3 file of A Strange Place for one of his members who is blind. there is also a posibility of a Braille copy being made.

All the best
Terry in Australia

Re: Fame at last!!

Sounds great can you video or get copy of video on this like PCRI videos we have seen??? If so post the link hereafter, this way we can all attend (in theory). Best of questions and answers, you can elaborate on what transpires there, I would have interest in such.

As far as I know there will be no video - it is a tele-conference, so it would not be possible to film all the participants.

Judging by previous Panel Talks a transcription of what transpires will be published on the site.

Of course you can dial in and listen live (it's only an hour out of your life!!)- and maybe even pose a question?

Terry,

Congratulations! After 15 years of sharing with us what you have learned about the mystery of prostate cancer you deserve at least 15 minutes of fame.

Jack from Jersey

Well, the Panel "met" this morning (my time) although others were on very different time zones. As Priya Menon said in her introduction that apart from Dr Matthew Cooperberg, Dan Zenka has called in from California, Dan Hennessey from Canada, Terry Herbert from Australia, Gary Petersen from Florida and I am hosting from India.

Dr. Cooperberg to address the topic of discussion, Risk Stratified Treatment and Active Surveillance in Prostate Cancer and as I listened to him, I wished there were more medical people in the prostate cancer industry who had his knowledge and applied it in the way he suggested.

If you want to listen to the show go along to Blog Talk Radio

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS