Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frequent urinating

Hi
I,m from the US. I had BT June 2011. In the past 6 weeks or so I find more urgency to urinate and more often urinating. It seems as though I go twice. I urinate and in 2 or 3 minutes I can do it again. Has any one else experienced anything like this? Will it get better or will meds help? I have an appt w/urologist in month. Looking for advice.
Thanks
Bob

Re: frequent urinating

Bob,

I assume that 'BT' is Brachytherapy? I guess the term might be used regulrly on some sites and is understood by regulars, but my advice to folks is to avoid using shortened versions of terms.

It seems possible that your problems may be assciated with the therapy as there are studies that show the consequences of radiation therapy can take months to develop. One of the rather frightening consequences is a rise in PSA that occurs some eighteen to twenty four months after the therapy, although the timecan be variable. This is referred to as the 'PSA bump' and in about fifty percent of the cases the PSA goes down again.

Hopefully your unrinary problems will revert to normal.

All the best
Terry in Australia

Bob, I expect your Urologist will recommend a cystoscopy and probably a sonar scan of your bladder If if you haven't had a cystoscopy before, is a slim tubular camera put up your penis to see what is going on in your urethra and bladder. It is painless, does does not require anaesthetic (unless you get particularly tense) and is quick. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if it revealed some irritation of either. The bladder neck is an area that can suffer from radiation overspill and because it contains a sphincter valve controls urine flow. If irritated, it may give rise to more frequent urination and incomplete evacuation.

I hope yours is a temporary problem, the symptoms of which fade and go, as is often the case.

Good Luck

Ed in England

>>>expect your Urologist will recommend a cystoscopy and probably a sonar scan of your bladder If if you haven't had a cystoscopy before, is a slim tubular camera put up your penis to see what is going on in your urethra and bladder. It is painless.<<< IT IS NOT PAINLESS.

Jack from Jersey

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS