Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
p
Pam
possible stricture???
My husband had his rp in 2003 now undergoing RT 37 treatments. due to finish tomorrow - we are going to Oz to see our daughter and dont know whether I should take out critical insurance to cover my husband. What is the incidence of stricture or poor urine flow after...
Views: 464   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 9:34pm
by Dean Patrick
Testosterone levels, have any of you guys ever played with the third rail?
I just turn 50 three weeks ago, and made an appointment with my doctor to discuss my low level Testosterone. I have been averaging a level of about 200 since my operation 7-years ago. I'm concern with losing bone mass, energy, and having heart problems, and I have no...
Views: 826   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 9:09am
by Doug R
Post surgery complications
On May 18th my husband's prostate was removed via the DaVinci method. His last psa was 0. At the same time as the prostate surgery the surgeon repaired a hernia in the lower groin. Now, by mid-afternoon, he has a semi hard fuid filled sac in the groin area. It's...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 1:07am
by Wife of Roger
l
Larry
Post Opertive symptoms - Virginia USA
My surgery went fine but I had some problems, and now I can't sort out the apples and the oranges. The night before surgery I had to take these 4 pills related to the bowels, I took the 4 pills 3 times, noon, 6pm, 11pm, 12 total. I also had to take 1 12oz glass of...
Views: 389   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 2:35pm
by Wendell J
Today's New Posts and Updates
Monday, 22 June 2009 NEW POSTS: RONALD MITCHELL - chose RALP and is doing fine after his surgery in January GENE KOSHIOL had positive margins after RALP and is now exploring his options DENNIS CARLISLE diagnosed with aggressive disease gen...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 12:22pm
by Terry Herbert
The New Prostate Cancer InfoLink
This is the last post to THE NEW PROSTATE CANCER INFOLINK before I go off next week. It might be a good idea to book mark the Infolink site to keep up to date with what is going on in the PCa world, or even to sign up for the site so you get reminders direct, witho...
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 6:33am
by The Stranger
j
Joe Mc
suggestions on how to combat severe fatique while on ADT
does anyone have any suggestions on how to combat severe fatique while on ADT(Eligard). This is my only complaint...I am however, able to exercise daily, and help with my grandson whose parents are both deployed to Iraq. The fatique is ever present..has anyone t...
Views: 440   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 21, 2009 9:09pm
by George
Women
Is there a place where the wives can go and talk about things.
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 21, 2009 7:32am
by Terry Herbert
p
Paul
Have positive margin to Perineural Nerve on post RP......adjunctive treatment
Hi This is short but I have just had a RP last week and just found this website. Wish I had found earlier. I have results from surgeon and there is positive mgn on the Perineual Nerve. All else appears clear. I was a T3a but not sure if restaged. My surgeon recomm...
Views: 490   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 21, 2009 1:38am
by Paul
m
Mike C
Secondary Treatment Protocol
At my visit to the GP several weeks ago I inquired about what the follow-up treatment would be if my PSA began to rise (I am 54 and had da Vinci surgery Nov 2008; current PSA is undetectable). I fully expected him to say radiation but he said that ADT is the routine...
Views: 540   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 9:30pm
by Mike C
ordinary enlarged prostrate
I have urinary problem .I do not go frquently at night but the flow of urine is slow and at times it only dribbles.My doctor says my prostrate is slightly enlarged and recommeded burning by laser .I am scared of catheter etc.I there any other way to reduce the prostr...
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 8:13pm
by CB
Re-occurance of PC 5 years after radical prostatectomy
I am 73 and have found out that my PC has probably returned. I had a PSA before surgery of 4.53. Biopsy showed Gleason 3+4. Cliinical stage T1c. Surgery was performed in September, 2004. PSA of 0.0 after surgery. PSA of 0.01 in May, 2006 PSA of 0.14 in Ju...
Views: 640   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 10:30am
by Terry Herbert
Testosterone
I am on Lupron and Casodex. My PSA rose from .67 to over 9 in the last three months. My doctor is saying that the drugs are not keeping my testosterone down. I am very curious if anyone else if having a similar problem and what their doctor is recommending?
Views: 547   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 5:52am
by MacRob
Radiation following normal surgery
Greetings from South Carolina, USA. I've tried to update my story several times and for some reason, the update never reaches the site. Just a few questions. I had normal surgery in August, 2008. PSA has slowly climbed from 0.05 following surgery to 0.16 in...
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 4:43pm
by Bill Mac (Austra...
r
Robin
dry dream
has anyone had a dry dream after prostate removal. I awoke two nights ago with would have been in days of old a wet dream.
Views: 710   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 12:38pm
by Dean Patrick
Experience with Mayo Clinic Minn or Cleveland Clinic?
Does anyone have experience or suggestions concerning the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn or the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland Ohio? Doctors etc... I am considering them for a second opinion on my prostate cancer diagnosis. I am especially interested in their active...
Views: 589   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 8:29am
by Dean Patrick
Today's New Post and Updates
Monday, 15 June 2009 NEW POSTS: KENNETH HORN - chose IMRT HARESH K would like to have RALP but with no insurance……. STEVE MAC newly diagnosed and undecided UPDATES: GARY POWELL – 15 months after RALP, PSA...
Views: 414   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 8:37pm
by Terry Herbert
The New Prostate Cancer InfoLink
I was unsure that posting brief summaries of what was on THE NEW PROSTATE CANCER INFOLINK was of any great interest, but Mike Scott who provides this excellent service of commenting on the day to day reports on all aspects of the disease assures me that he gets man...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2009 11:41pm
by The Stranger
ASAP-The BEST supplements to fight while "Watchful Waiting?"
I have ASAP-"a 50/50 chance that it may become PC" is what Dr. Bahn said after my Color Doppler Ultrasound. So, "watchful waiting" is on again. So, in the meantime, I've read numerous times that of course, no red meat, no dairy, plenty of fruits and vegetables is the...
Views: 438   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2009 11:17am
by Terry Herbert
ADT
I am reluctant to promote a product but this is a story that I believe needs to be told. 72 years of age last year and in the middle of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy coupled with Androgen Deprivation Therapy [in my case Lupron] I found myself, among other n...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2009 9:49am
by Patrick McDermot...
Hot Flushes
I got my last Zoladex shot in mid February 09 after being on it 2 years. I think my T is returning as some hair is growing back where it used to be, and my little guy is starting to rise some at night. However, I still experience an occasional hot flush. Has anyon...
Views: 404   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 10:04pm
by Pat Priestley
Hormone Blockade as Sole Treatment for PC
Has anyone ever used or considered only hormone therapy as the sole treatment for localized prostate cancer? Dr. Leibowitz uses this theory along with other drugs and I am considering if this is a good treatment for me. His website (http://www.compassionateoncology...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 11:40am
by Terry Herbert
Today's New Posts and Updates
Thursday, 11 June 2009 NEW POSTS: JAMES EDGE - had failed Surgery in 2006 followed by failed EBRT – now on ADT holiday RON MARSHALL one of three brothers who has had RALP in the past 12 months BOB WATERSTONE recovering from RALP...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 5:29pm
by Terry Herbert
Adjuvant Hormone and Radiation Therapy
I recently started hormone therapy as part of my adjuvant treatment following surgery for my Gleason 7 cancer. The pathology showed the cancer had spread to my seminal vesicles and that there were positive margins. After consultation with the local cancer board, my...
Views: 439   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 10:34am
by john madde
Urethral Stricture Treatments
Hello everyone, Wondering if anyone has gone down the urethral stricture road already or have some experience with bladder retention and treatments. I'm not having a lot of luck getting good information to make an informed decision on a treatment. I'm 50 years ol...
Views: 478   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 11, 2009 10:16am
by john madden
Prostate Flush Cancer Cells?
I have heard that the prostate may flush out cells that it doesn't recognize( i.e. cancerous ). Could this be true? Could it be the cause of 'renegade' cancer cells that come back to bite us later on?
Views: 411   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 10:41pm
by bobbyboy
uk oncologist
I had a meeting with my local oncologist to discuss treatment after prostate removed Gleason 9 and two readings of 0.4{6weeks} 0.7 {2months}, he was very negative, as I have found most doctors in Norfolk to be.I start 20 sessions of radiotherapy this week. I would ve...
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 6:29pm
by Terry Herbert
Diet Problems
I know diet has been beat to death but here I am again talking about it. I continue to have problems controlling my diet and recently I've pretty much went back to eating normal again. To me the real problem with a diet is, it seems that most of the things I've re...
Views: 449   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 10:19pm
by Bill Short
bike riding after RALP
I had RALP on April 17 and have recovered nicely. I jogged for the first time yesterday and want to begin bike riding. The doctor warned me to take it slow on the bike riding. Does anyone have any experience with getting back on the bike after RALP? I don't want to s...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 10:20am
by dean Patrick
p
pam
radiation
My husband had a RP in 2003 and has been monitored for a slowly rising psa. He is now having radiation treatment in conjunction with casodex 2 months prior to radiation and thoughout the treatment and again it will carry on for 2 months post treatment. What I would l...
Views: 427   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2009 5:50pm
by Pam
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS