Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
YANA-3 Changes for the better
As the number of men sharing their stories on the site kept growing to over one thousand, I knew there had to be a better way of handling the task of uploading and updating these. I didn’t know how to do it so I put out a call for help and the men who responde...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 10:16am
by Terry Herbert
How to see the latest entries and updates
We have changed the data base since I last posted on this subject. If you go to SURVIVORS STORIES you will see that one of the new features is that you can select periods from one day to six months and these will be listed for you. There are many other option...
Views: 5788   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 3:31pm
by Terry Herbert
b
bill w
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 10:44am
by Terry Herbert
Proton Beam therapy & hi PSA
Just want to say I'm a Proton Beam survivor that has had a total failure in treatment. Early lowest PSA 1 year post treatment .5 and possibly a little lower (just barely good enough) with all the good side effects of the treatment working appropriately according t...
Views: 510   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 6:39am
by Greg Pacetti
d
David
More Than One Way of Killing a Cat
With a Gleason 9 PCa, four years ago I had EBRT which, with ADT since, brought my PSA down from 62.3 to 0.3. As so often happens, it began to rise slowly a couple of years ago and was at 1.9 at the end of January. At this point it became apparent to me that the EBR...
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2012 12:28pm
by Frank
Aspirin
From the New York Times today: ". . . five large randomized controlled studies in Britain found that over six and a half years on average, daily aspirin use reduced the risk of metastatic cancer by 36 percent and the risk of adenocarcinomas — common solid c...
Views: 441   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 22, 2012 12:25pm
by Arthur Clayton
p
Phil K
Golf after surgery
It's been 6 weeks since my Robotic Surgery I'm feeling pretty good and would like to know if its too soon to play 9 holes of golf. I will use a golf cart and not carry the bag.
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2012 7:33pm
by Terry Herbert
e
Emma.
Some plants in Africa are good for cancer
For many many years African plants listed bellow in their local names and botanical name in bracket have helped thousands local African cancer patients live normal life: (1) Nchanwu (ocimumgratissimum) (2)Ugu; (telfairia occidentalis) (3)Mmimi; (denettia spp)...
Views: 331   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2012 8:10pm
by Terry Herbert
h
HR
Hip, Groin, Buttock Pain..is it bone mets?!
Hello Forum.. I am 42 years old diagnosed with Gleason score 3+4 =7 prostatae cancer, 3 out of 10 cores positive...my PSA is 3.55 at last test. I am scheduled for a RRP on March 20, and although I am a bit nervous about the procedure and the possible outcomes,...
Views: 863   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 21, 2012 4:46pm
by Arthur Clayton
Finding a Surgeon
After reading dozens of experiences of members on this site and doing much research, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to pursue laparoscopic robotic surgery. Last week I had my quarterly checkup and indicated my choice to my urologist. At one point in the di...
Views: 296   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 2:52am
by Alan
s
Steve
PSA
I had RP 4 years ago. Psa has been
Views: 509   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 8:19am
by Frank
PaactNewsletter- MDV3100 available in months via 'Early access program'
See on line free newsletters from this PCa advocacy group for advanced patients: www.paactusa.org (tab to newsletters, pdf files) March issue- Mark Moyad saying MDV3100 available within months via 'Early access program' he was excited about it. So, maybe normal...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 12:59pm
by Bob Parsons
Taking the sting out of cancer?
I came across this in an Italian site hosted by a urologist, who couldn't recommend the product because he had no knowledge that it was used in any established protocol. He had received a letter about a man who had used it with great results with respect to his b...
Views: 374   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 2:59am
by Terry Herbert
To hifu or not
I am a 56 year old recently diagnosed MRI-s no biopsy. PSA 0f 3.2 Considering hifu. any opinions welcome/encouraged.
Views: 374   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 2:27am
by Terry Herbert
b
Big D
Urinary pain 6 months after DaVinci Prostatectomy
I had robotic surgery 6 ans one half months ago. I had a very enlarged prostate before surgery, which had been been causing urination problems. Anyway, I still have urinary urges and pain off and on along my urethra. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 2:16am
by Terry Herbert
Our Information
My wife was looking for something on Goggle and put my name in. It came up with "PC survivor" and then gave my whole history on yananow which I have put on here as an adviser to other people. All the world can read about my problems through this illness. I thought a...
Views: 470   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 9:37am
by David Pattison
a
Alan
Chemo
I have been a member here for almost 5 years. My recent 5 way heart by pass surgery failed after 4 months. All veins closed. I had chemo for my PCa 4.5 years ago- Avastin- an experimental drug. I was also on hormones for 2 years and had IMRT. Does anyone think t...
Views: 286   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 6:01pm
by Frank
m
Megin
Follow up on my father
Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback regarding my father. He had a follow up appointment yesterday with a urologist, and was told that he would not be a candidate for the robotic surgery because he has had a TURP already. He was also told that because one of h...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 12:00pm
by Megin
Zyflamend
Terry, In your informative report on the supplement, Zyflamend, you said, Why such an amalgam of "rare" ingredients? If they ALL have purported anti-inflammatory effects why mix so many together? Surely one - say something simple and cheap like rosemary or tu...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 2:40am
by Jack Assainte
a
AndyC
Invasion Of The Prostate Snatchers
As I move on down the road of my decision to "treat or not to treat" I've been reading quite a few books on Prostate Cancer. Currently I'm reading "Invasion Of The Prostate Snatchers". One of the paragraphs in the book seems to indicate that there is about a 5% d...
Views: 506   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 9:19am
by BRONTY
clarification of Gleason
Hi Terry, I have read the experiences of a gentleman whose name I can't recall, but it included a discussion of those cases where the Gleason scores before and after surgery were different. In this instance the score was higher. You added this comment: Dr. Glea...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 2:12am
by Jack Assainte
t
Tom F
First follow up biospy at 6 months or 1 year given my initial results
Hi, Would like some experienced advice on the following circumstances, I was diagnosed with early prostate cancer in November of 2011 (Age 55,PSA 2.7, Gleason 6 with 1 of 14 biospy cores with 15% of that core involved). Since then I have enrolled in a AS Prostate Ca...
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2012 1:52am
by Joe Mac
video animation
http://pharmacologycorner.com/animation-on-the-mechanism-of-action-of-gnrh-agonists-and-antagonists-in-the-treatment-of-prostate-cancer/ This web site shows animations of the mechanism of action of GnRH agonists and antagonists in the treatment of prostate cancer....
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 8:38am
by Jack Assainte
d
David
da vinci surgery
Made my final decision to have da vinci surgery on April 9, 2012. Went with a doc who has done over 400 of them in the last 4+ years (and over 2000 prostate removal surgeries). Nerve sparing experience was important ( I am 46 years old) and he seemed to fit the bil...
Views: 771   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 9:00am
by Phil K
m
Megin
Father newly diagnosed, help!AXCE
Hello all, My father was just diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the prostate yesterday. We are all scared. I was wondering if any of you with similar experiences with what I’m about to post can share with me how you are doing. Here is his history: 2 years ag...
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 7:14am
by Alan
stopping with Zoladex treatment
Diagnosed nov 2004: Gleason 4-5; PSA 38; age 63 Immediate initiation of Zoladex per dec 2004. Radiation, 37 treatments mar thr may 2005. Bonescan: clear. Relatively few side effects: initially fatigue and lethargia, loss of sex; increase in weight; less energy in...
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2012 7:36pm
by Frank
a
Alan
Second & THIRD Opinions on Biopsy Slides (& an Update on My Lupron Dilemma)
I would imagine that most of you have had your biopsy slides sent out for a second opinion; so variances in the results are probably nothing new to you. Still, I decided to go ahead & post my results for two reasons: 1) I want to impress on those who have not done...
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 3:32am
by Bruce
Post surgical report Seminal vesicle invasion help
50 years old living in Canada. Sept 2011 1st and only PSA came back as 5.0 Biopsie Oct 2011 3 cores of 12 positive for cancer: Right mid gland involving 1 and 2 mm foci each tissue 3+4 =7 gleason, right apex involving 3mm of one of two tissues. 3+4=7 gleason. Prostat...
Views: 750   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 6:37pm
by Frank
p
Phil K
Blood in urine
Had Prostate removed on 2/7/2012. Had Foley removed 2/15/2012. Now every time I have a Bowel Movement I had see blood coming from my urine. I possibly strained a few days ago and since than Ive seen blood at every B/M. Do you think I should see the surgeon. I am...
Views: 266   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 10:41am
by Phil K
j
John C
Treatments possible with artificial hip
I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Gleason 6. I have an artificial hip and I really don't want to do the surgery but am finding many of the alternatives can't be done with artificial hip. Like everyone else I don't want to deal with the side effec...
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 26, 2012 5:42am
by Fred
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS