Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
t
Ted
Introduction
Hello, I'm six days post-op with the daVinci system and just wanted to introduce myself. I get my catheter out tomorrow and while I am glad for that, I am also a little anxious about incontinence and other potential issues with my urethra, now that it's been st...
Views: 408   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 23, 2012 3:56am
by Ted
k
kjc
surgery vs brachytherapy
Looking for some advice... 45 yrs, psa 8.4, gleason score of 7, 10 biopsies with 6 positive (both sides affected). I am seeing a urologist who feels prostate removal is my best option. I have done some research into brachytherapy and am trying to way the pros and con...
Views: 487   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 2:47pm
by Arthur Clayton
j
Jack
Memorial Sloan Kettering
Hi All, I just received a letter from MSK asking for contributions so they may continue their research. They point out that the drug MDV3100 was developed largely by one of their scientists and that another one of their team conducted the international study tha...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 6:50am
by Jack
a
ALAN
Taxotere
When a survivor is put on Taxetere what can he expect?
Views: 406   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 16, 2012 3:52pm
by Frank
PaactNewsletter- Drug Sequencing-Novel Approaches/Newer drugs link
PaactNewsletter has on line pdf file or sign up for email subscription or hardcopy mailers at www.paactusa.org Now the latest copy has a great article on PCa drug sequencing novel approaches by Dr. Crawford & Flaig. Pages 6-9 see herein at: http://paactusa.org...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2012 8:52am
by Bob Parsons
Triple Hormone Blockade
I would like to hear from anyone who is familiar with Triple Hormone Blockcade as practised by Dr Bob Liebowitz at his Compassionate Oncology Medical Group located in Los Angeles California. I may be experiencing proton radiation failure and I am exploring my optio...
Views: 463   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2012 8:15am
by Don Oberlin
TRT after prostatectomy
I would like to communicate with any men who have resumed Testosterone Replacement after a certain period of time following prostatectomy. Thanks!
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 31, 2012 12:46pm
by Terry Herbert
post op. psa
I'm 54. i had my prostate removed three and a half years ago. My psa three months after surgery was .2. my doctor had told me after the op. that he'd gotten it all. the post op. biopsy showed that the cancer was near the bladder wall in 1 percent of the entire prosta...
Views: 432   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2012 10:15am
by Bruce
PSA Anxiety
10 years after prostectomy, PSA rose recently to 0.12. Has always been
Views: 468   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2012 11:43am
by Terry Herbert
PSA dumped -- AUA "outraged!"
So today the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommended abandoning routine prostate-specific antigen (PSA) tests to screen for prostate cancer (apparently, for all men?). According to CBS News, "the recommendation sparked fury today at the annual meeting of t...
Views: 663   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 28, 2012 9:21am
by Jack
j
Jules
Bracky v Prostatectomy
Aged 52, Gleeson 6, T1b, PSA 8.6. My urologist recently changed his mind, recommending bracky after having previously recommended removal. This was an about turn. He says that success rates are similar but side-effects reduced. Any comments?
Views: 531   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 24, 2012 2:22pm
by Jon Nowlin
t
Tom
Recent diagnosis
I'm 73 and have been advised that my best chance for a cure is EBRT. No surgery due Pulmonary Embolisim two years ago. I'm interested in Proton therapy or treatment but don't have the availability in this area.
Views: 556   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 15, 2012 11:56pm
by Tom
r
Ron
Decisions
62 yo White Male, married, Diabetes 2 with only Metformin. Blood numbers good. Active, cycling, walking, yoga and at 6-1 and 180 lbs. Diagnosed T1c on Apr. 16; Gleason 3+3. 12 cores, 1 bad, 20%. Another area was suspicious, but not diagnostic of, cancer. Everythi...
Views: 553   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 11, 2012 9:49am
by Ron
MRI
from google news, MRI advances prostate cancer detection http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/13568188/mri-advances-prostate-cancer-detection/
Views: 384   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2012 6:14am
by Sundog
t
Tom
Radiation treatment
I have received my 2nd radiation treatment this morning. At 5:30 p.m. I feel the small part of my back, it hurts. It is sensitive to touch. Is this normal?
Views: 509   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2012 1:57pm
by Tom
psa elevation
just had a psa coming in at .89 , did the seed with radiation 2007 with RCOG, 2007 psa 9.9, 2008 1.09' 2010 .39; 2011 .46, 2012 .89 just got a posting from my RCOG support alumni group as follows: > > You should certainly be concerned, because your PSA i...
Views: 486   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2012 6:42pm
by Terry Herbert
t
Tom F
What would you do given the following...............
Need some advice here as in November of 2011 PSA was 2.7 up from a baseline of around 0.43, Urologist did a 14 core biospy, 1 of 14 positive with 15% gleason 6. Just had another PSA done mid-April 2012 it was 0.93, Free PSA ratio 25%, PAP 0.9. Active Surveillance pro...
Views: 825   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 2, 2012 2:41pm
by Tom F
SALVESTROL
Has anyone heard of or had any experience with the following product,Salvestrol ? manufactured by Salvestrol natural products,Leicestershire ,U.K.and distributed in NZ by Salvacare Biotechnologies LTD Auckland NZ,basically a capsule containing concentrated fruit ex...
Views: 425   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2012 7:03pm
by David Barnett N...
Sound Waves
This looks very promising - treating Prostate Cancer with high frequency sound waves. http://health.msn.co.nz/healthnews/8453054/sound-waves-used-to-treat-prostate-cancer
Views: 308   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 8:49am
by John Thompson
Cycling after surgery
Hi All, I'm in the process of making "the decision" on treatment - I'm considering HIFU, Proton, and RALP. Cycling is a big part of my life now, and it is important to me that it continues to be do. I don't need to jump back on the bike right after treatment...
Views: 356   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 6:21am
by Steve S
t
Tim
Recommended Prostate Health Supplements
Finding so much on the market for Prostate Health supplements that are scams, can I trust the forum to give me a general consensus of what most men here use? Thank you.
Views: 559   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 17, 2012 12:47pm
by David S. Martine...
a
Alan M
FYI: A Warning about Misinformation on an MRI following a Biopsy
I had a CDU/targeted seven core biopsy on February 29th and wanted to follow that up with an MRI (with an endorectal coil). I wasn't sure whether or not I needed to wait on the MRI until my prostate had a chance to heal from the biopsy. To be absolutely sure that I...
Views: 443   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 17, 2012 10:50am
by Alan M
n
n/a
penis pain ?
after sugury 3yrs ago, radation 2yrs, psa is up 3.8 8 months ago 1.9 now i have been getting sharp pains in my penis anyone else have this also my urine flow is all screwed up drips drips instead of a flow doc did a the test looking up thought the penis nothin...
Views: 440   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 16, 2012 7:18am
by Patrick Priestle...
r
ron g
Zoladex 10.8mg
I am presently on active surveillance, other than one year ago, I had an injection of Zoladex 10.8 mg as it was erroneously thought that my pc had progressed to my bones. Since having this one injection I have been without libido and the related erectile disfunction...
Views: 431   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 13, 2012 7:30pm
by Frank
New trials
1 - Tasquinimob.1 Tablet daily.(Active Biotech Company) 2 -A study comparing Cabazitaxel at 25 in combination with Prednisone every 3 weeks to Docetaxel in combination with Prednisone in patients with Metastatic Castration Resistance Prostrate Cancer not pre treated...
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 10:13pm
by ROY WHITE
t
Tom F
Recurring pain after bowel movement
I asked for some of your thoughts on this a while back & have looked on the internet as well but not able to find any real answers as to why this causes rectal discomfort that sometimes radiates into the penis as well, right after a bowel movement. What really bother...
Views: 374   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 2:47pm
by Tom F
g
Guy
Incontinence
Had robotic prostatectomy at Hopkins on the 30th of march. I was feeling great. Cancer contained within the prostate. Everything was great........just now got the catheter removed. Wow!!! How can you even do the excercises.. I've been leaking all day. Not bad when I...
Views: 465   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 10:15pm
by david82150
Diindolylmethane
I have to decide in the near future whether or not to risk further injections of Lucrin (Lupron) because of heart problems. However I have just come across this natural product call Diindolylmethane which many people claim can reduce testosterone and increase estroge...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 12:04pm
by Ken Vernon
Late-stage prostate cancer drug being tested
I was browsing the web this morning and ran into this and thought other might like to see it. It's a page with some information about a new drug being tested for late state prostate cancer and a short video you might like to see. Cabozantinib for Advanced Prostate...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2012 2:49am
by The Stranger
PSA rising - testosterone or cancer
Diagnosed December 2008 PSA 20.9 & Gleason 7 (4 + 3) EBRT + Seeds + 3 years of lupron PSA settled at .02 Last lupron shot September 2011 - Just got my first First PSA 3 months after last Lupron shot wore off... Up to .05 from .02 FYI Testosterone a...
Views: 555   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 4:07am
by John Thompson
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS