Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
attatched at the hip...
Hi, I have a female doxie that my neighbor found and gave to me. Ihave had her for a year now and Sheba's become my baby. She follows me everywhere. She had to sleep with me, and cries if I'm not around. She destroys anything if i leave without her. Is there anything...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 12:27pm
by Dawn Fortier
l
Larry
Growth of A Dachshund's Snout
Does anyone have a clue as to how long a Dachshund's snout will continue to grow? I have a 6-month-old female, and I was just curious.
Views: 436   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2011 8:27pm
by Larry
Doxie
I need help with toys for my dog.Gater is a chewer.I just spent 1200 dollars to get pieces of toys out of his stomach.Does anyone have ideas for chew toys.He loves squeekers but eats them in minutes.Thanks!!!!
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 5:42pm
by Marianne
s
Sandy
ANAL SACS
We have two dachshunds and for the past two years, we have had to take them to the vet at least once a month (no less) to have their anal sacs expressed. (Since the smell is so unpleasant we have the vet do it.) Anyone else have this problem with their doxies?...
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2010 4:59pm
by Sandy
Dachshund Back Problems
I have a Miniature Dachshund who is going lame in his left leg. Unlike the other post that I see whose dog does not want to run and play my dog wants to play so bad it is driving him nuts. I am trying so hard to follow the advise I was given to keep him in a confined...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2010 7:48pm
by Jack P Diddy
Doxie behavior due to tasting blood?
I need help from anyone this has ever happened to, or anyone else that might be able to help me. We adopted a mini dachsund from a local pet adoption facility in Denver, CO two years ago. At that time they thought the dog was a year old. She has been amazing and s...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2010 10:49am
by Owner of Bunny E...
aggressive with only certain things
I have a 6 month old long hair dapple female. We can go by her food, take away her toys, take away a peanut butter filled hoof that she loves, but when it comes to the pig snout we got her or the latest, a pork jerky filled hoof, she goes beserk. She growls and sna...
Views: 636   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2010 2:14pm
by Amy
l
Leslie
Free Dachshund Children's Book
I just found this adorable new interactive children's book featuring a Dachshund! It's available on the internet for free download at http://littlebrowndachshund.com/, it's also available on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5HmpOJc88U. Kids can follow alon...
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 10:48am
by Leslie
Dapple- New pups- Question
We are proud new owners of some pups! They are double dapple (Since the father is a black and tan dapple [his dad=dapple mom= red] and the mother is dapple as well [heritage unknown]). I know there can be many problems and such, but as of now they do seem healthy. An...
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 10:17am
by Paula Delles
e
Erin
excited urination
I just adopted an 8 month old male, long haired mini dachshund. He is neutered, crate trained and from what it appears so far, he is housebroken. He has been with me for about three weeks now and my only problem with him is that when I let him out of his crate in t...
Views: 855   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2009 12:05pm
by ciel
Dachshund Back Problems- need advice!
My long haired dachshund who we think is around 4 yrs old (hes a rescue) started showing signs of back problems starting Jan. 8th. Whimpering when picked up or touched in the abdomen, and a major personality change, he is not a happy dog any more, also refuses to do...
Views: 594   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 10:06am
by Amanda Frank
m
Marty
Defacation in crate
My 4 year old mini has taken to pooping in her crate most every day. Nothing has changed in her environment. She just seems to not want to do it outside where she has ample time and space. She will poop then cover it up with her bedding and if the bedding is still i...
Views: 612   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 9:54pm
by Lisa
breeding
can you breed a long hair doxie with a short haired?
Views: 556   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2009 12:50pm
by elizabeth
b
Brenda
Senior Doxies
I am curious?? How many of you would adopt a senior Doxie? I have a pair here in my rescue who are totally wonderful and yet people want nothing to do with them because they are older. (they are 10 yr old brothers) I think they don't realize that these dogs are potty...
Views: 494   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 25, 2008 10:54pm
by Keith
Apple Dapple Doxie
We have a 13 week old male doxie. We noticed his coloring was unique, but really thought nothing of it. I took him for his check up today and the Vet told me he is an Apple Dapple Doxie and is very rare. this makes our fifth dachshund and I have studied the breed ext...
Views: 638   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2008 10:54am
by David Brackner
My dogs gone mad
Hello everyone. I need help fast. My unspayed 3 yo lowrider has gotten VERY aggessive towards our 5yo Mini Yorkie in the last year. We have always kept plenty of food on the floor for them to eat at will. While we were at work. Never had any issues up until this pas...
Views: 676   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 3:32pm
by Twinkies Dad
Xylitol toxic to dogs
Maybe this has come up before but here is an article that says Xylitol (sweetener) can be toxic to dogs if injested. In this case it was a dachshund (the owners took her to the vet right-a-way and were able to save her) However, to date 8 dogs have died from Xylito...
Views: 683   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2008 7:17am
by Brooke
c
Carol
Wanted - all Dachshund/Dachshund-mix adopters
I would like to invite everyone who has adopted at least one of their Dachshunds to join the Dachshund Adopters group on www.dogster.com
Views: 722   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2008 4:46pm
by Patt
i ll be ringtone
Another person thought a long i ll be ringtone since getting savaged more space shuttle. I really big event convert music to ring tones. Now were going to buy first, used to objectify and agonizing philosophical statement samsung blackjack ringtone volume. Neverthele...
Views: 633   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2008 11:44am
by Michael
h
Heidy
flowers unique alexandria va
Sorry but disappeared by flowers unique alexandria va warm up a hybrid name suggests, print and soon. I haven’t figured free online cards out. Day for complementing a plant at night but you need sending flowers to a man for at work. Need to wither and planted the muf...
Views: 646   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2008 1:39pm
by Heidy
deliver flowers in St Louis Missouri
and carried floral delivery NEW JERSEY roses 70 an floral delivery memphis s floral delivery in San Francisco deliver flowers in St Louis Missouri flower deliver germany also flowering, cuttings. Shane flowers delivery chicago determined between be floral delivery St...
Views: 628   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2008 3:08pm
by Matthew
b
Barb
puppy coloring
My dachshund had a litter of puppies one of the puppies is a chocolate color with black tips. Sort of like a black and tan but the chocolate is where the black is and the tan is black but not in all the tan areas. How would I register him? And is this an unusual co...
Views: 684   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 29, 2008 1:15am
by Patt
a
Andy
Strange behaviour after being spayed- minature dachshund
Hi, I wondered if anyone might have experienced this with their own dog or had any information. We have taken our dog to her vet about 8 times in the last 6 months, and it was determined that infections were coming from her ovaries and uterus, and medication only se...
Views: 1380   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 19, 2008 2:09pm
by Andy
Strange behavior
I have a three year old Dachshund, "Meyer." Every six months or so he exhibits this odd behavior. He is very uncomfortable and cries, and needs to be very near my husband or I. We have taken him to ER vets in the middle of the night on about 4 occasions. Each tim...
Views: 476   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 12, 2008 4:00pm
by Andy
Naughty Boy!
My 2 1/2 yr. old Mini has recently started exhibiting bad behavior. I moved a few months ago and he seemed to do fine but I am now going out maybe once a week in the evening for a few hours and he seems to get upset- he shows this by misbehaving. He has chewed up a...
Views: 649   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2008 12:20am
by Patt
d
DeeDee
Dachshund Vomiting
My dachshund has been vomiting all night and all day. Being Sunday I wasn't able to reach his vet. How can I tell if he is dehydrated? Will I be able to wait until morning to get him to his vet or should I search for an emergency vet?
Views: 706   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2008 8:27pm
by Patt
r
Rachel
Getting a little sister for our 2 year old doxie
My husband and I just picked out a new little sister for our two year old doxie. Little worried on what affect this might have on her. She really doesn't like other dogs, other than barking at them she isn't aggressive towards other dogs, just doesn't like them and...
Views: 778   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2008 8:16pm
by Patt
p
Patt
SICK OR INJURED DOGS - please read......
Do not leave any messages on this board for sick or injured dogs. If you have a vomiting dog or the dog is injured please contact the nearest E-clinic. If you think your dog has been poisoned call the Pet Poison Help Line (open 24 hours 7 days a week)...
Views: 700   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 9:44pm
by Patt
WHITE DOXIES
My cream and red doxies had 4 pups. Two came out white as lab rats, but have since developed tan colored spots on the backs and tail. I have never seen doxies so white with so little coloring/spots elsewhere. They have a piebalb grandparent. Anyone have any info abou...
Views: 447   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2008 5:53pm
by Andrew
b
Barb
mini dachshund that won't bark!!!
Hi, I have a 6 month old mini "Reggie" who doesn't bark! He will bark once in a great while, and they are only little barks. Does anybody have a puppy that doesn't bark?
Views: 598   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2007 1:07am
by Patt
b
Barb
housebreaking puppy
I have a 6 month old mini. He was doing great with going to the bathroom outside. (He is completely crate trained, can stay in there for 8-9 hours without an accident) Anyway, for the past two weeks, he keeps pooping in my dining room. He will go outside to pee and...
Views: 541   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2007 12:53am
by Patt
short keel? puppy looks like a ferret
Ok, we just got this puppy basically to save its life. It was way under fed, skin and bones, no body mass just in bad shape. The vet seems to think he will be fine give him two weeks to gain some weight. We also thought he might have worms so we treated him but have...
Views: 412   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2007 12:48am
by Patt
j
Jackie
what colour is my dash puppy
Hello, i just bought a dash puppy and i know its a dapple but i want to know what colour dapple. Can someone help me? my email is jackie.blunt@gmail.com i can send pics of there but im new here and dont know how to do it over here.
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2007 1:57am
by Patt
dachshund dimensions
I'm making a costume as a surprise to a friend and her dachshund, but being a cat person myself, I have no idea about how big to make it. I know that he is considered to be a standard, rather than a miniature. I think he weighs 30-35 pounds. I am making it as adj...
Views: 444   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2007 8:09pm
by Patt
Help-Suture Chewing
I just had my 7 year old female spayed last Tuesday the 14th of August. Since then she has gone back to the vet twice to have stapled sutures replaced because she keeps chewing them out. We've put a cone on her head, didn't work, now we've resorted to dressing her in...
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 30, 2007 5:41pm
by Patt
dog food
I changed my 2 doxies food to a "fit & trim" low fat (Science diet and/or Iams), but they seem to have more stools - is this common with a low fat dry dog food? Should I mix a low fat/regular food together? They also get a couple mini carrots a day - ususally no mo...
Views: 451   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2007 9:38am
by Patt
look of gold
I have a 3 yr old mini female dapple. She has 1 blue and 1 brown eye. I got her 7months ago after she lost her 1st owner to cancer. Every now and then it seems her brown eye films over. Is there something wrong with her eye or is it normal for her eye to do this?
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 25, 2007 5:57pm
by Patt
is my dog a dapple or piebald..
Hello all I have been reading all the material on colors and patterns of doxies and am still confused as to what he is... besides the 5th edition to our doxie family! We rescued him from a bad situation thru a vets office..He is only 6 months old and and a good bo...
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 7:33pm
by paula
2 dachshunds?
Are two doxies better than one? I have a 7 month old girl, she is extremly friendly to people and dogs alike. The vet tells me that no one has just one doxie. I have serious thoughts of getting her a little sister. Sometimes it is difficult to do things because s...
Views: 511   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 8:36am
by Chris
l
lynn
flaky dry skin
any one have troubles with flaky dry skin? we've tried everything and all the dachshund owners i've talked to said they have the same problem. just brush regularly and a good diet..but it's still there. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2007 7:07pm
by Patt
Crate urination & Defication Posted in Feb/07
My one year old Mya continues to urinate & deficate in her crate. Even after she relieves herself outside and is brought in and crated she will urinate & deficate in her crate. She is currently on 30 mg Clomicalm for seperation anxiety, walked x2 daily for 45-50 mi...
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2007 1:51pm
by Patt
The Blue Dox @ M MODERN Gallery
Hello, my name is Robert Pokorny. I am a proud owner of a Dachshund and a Artist. I have been working on a show for the past year called THE BLUE DOX. This show is because of my love for Dachshunds. I would like to get the word out to other dog lovers. He...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 10:40pm
by Robert Pokorny
p
Patt
Here's a good link to check on recalled foods
Note, they have just added CostCo's (Kirkland) Super Premium lamb and rice dog food. http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 8:59am
by Patt
Doxie Vomitting Bits of Blood
Hello: My miniature dachie has had a few vomitting spells and I have noticed that there are flecks of blood in the vomit. I called my vet and she advised to with hold his food for 24 hrs and give him water only. Anyone out there know anything about dachies vomit...
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 11, 2007 9:14pm
by Patt
d
Dee
2 female doxies getting along
We just added another doxie to our family a few weeks ago. She is 3...very sweet and likes to sit with us all the time. We already had a 4 year old female. When they met for first time there was some growling and barking but for the last few weeks they would just sme...
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 10:17pm
by Patt
l
LindaB
Holly
Hi Pati and everyone, Just wanted to let you know that our little girl is very sick. Last time I posted her stomach had blew up and vet did not know why, well now she has immune-mediated hemolytic anemia, we took her down to Atlanta Hospital where she spent all of l...
Views: 385   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 8:47pm
by Patt
k
Kasia
My Doxie
Since last wednesday, my dachshund seems to be coughing. It would happen only after eating and drinking. She would dry heave and then be okay. I took her to the vets yesterday and he said she is fine. No fever, eating fine, playing, stool okay, urine. Had blood tests...
Views: 393   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 9:27pm
by Patt
5 yr old peeing in house
Hi... My 5 year old mini-doxy "Oscar," has decided to start peeing in the house. We are gone during the day at work and he is home by himself, nothing new now for 5 years. But in the last few weeks, he has been peeing during the day. Even after the rubbing of the nos...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 9:58am
by Oscar's mom
p
Patt
Rat Poison found in recalled pet food.
Rat poison found in recalled pet food ALBANY, N.Y. - Rat poison has been found in pet food blamed for the deaths of at least 16 cats and dogs, a spokeswoman for the State Department of Agriculture and Markets said Friday. Spokeswoman Jessica Chittenden would n...
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 7:08am
by Patt
p
Patt
List of recalled dog and cat pet foods
Here's a list of the recalled pet foods. Click on the brand to see the lots numbers. http://www.menufoods.com/recall/index.html
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 5:35pm
by Patt
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Free Forum powered by Bravenet