Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photo - former house near Drumbeg Orange Hall

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. I have not had much luck locating any old photos online of that particular location, but the book sounds promising. I’ll take a look!

Thanks,

Scott

Scott
I,m re-reading the book and found in Chapter 4 " Church Hill to Lambeg Square" on page 77 the Orange Hall where Loyal Orange Lodge 912 founded in 1865 is based. That may be of some use to your query. Another possibility would be to contact the Author Fredrrick Gilbert Watson who lives in Lambeg and I think has connections with the Lisburn Historical Society.

Colourpoint Books
Tel. 0044 (0) 28 9182 6339
Fax. 0044 (0) 28 9182 1900
E- mail: info@colourpoint.co.uk

who printed the Book may be able to put you in touch with him
regards
Donald

Donald,

That’s a good idea, I’ll send a query to the publisher. This is most helpful, I’ll get a copy of the book on order.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott
Donald,

That’s a good idea, I’ll send a query to the publisher. This is most helpful, I’ll get a copy of the book on order.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott
you will enjoy reading it and hopefully find some info about your ancestors. You may have trouble finding a copy as it was published over 10 years ago but in Amazon or EBay you maybe can buy a second hand one.
donald

Scott
Checked on Amazon, they have 2 copies for sale at around €17 plus postage
donald