Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Soccer Scout

Brendan,I knew a Tom Fegan who lived up the steps in Pump Lane,but he was older than us,what connection? Frank

frank stewart
Brendan,I knew a Tom Fegan who lived up the steps in Pump Lane,but he was older than us,what connection? Frank

My sister Ellen(Lala)married Tom ,both dead this years,they had 11 children 6 boys 5 girls

0 married Tom Fegan they had maybe 11 of a
6 boys 5 girls

Hi Frank

I'm not too sure if they are/were related or not.

Brendan Matier
That's the answer I wanted, be in touch later. Brendan

Brendan

I hope you and your family had a happy Christmas, and that the coming year is better than the one we are leaving.

Brendan:
Kathleen Shorrock wrote this:
The cottage at 102 Revidge Road was occupied by a Mrs. Crank when we bought 104. She was a widow from the 1914-1918 war. After Mrs. Crank’s death this cottage was occupied by Fred and Beatrice Lodge when they were first married. He was from Lodge’s Nursery which was at the opposite cornet to Fergusons Nursery on Preston New Road. Gerry Matier and his wife also lived there. Gerry was a Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper, he had previously lodged with Mrs. Grimshaw on Lynwood Road. Another Rovers player who stayed there was Billy Tyson. My maternal grandfather, Thomas Isherwood, who had the last Hansom cab in town, came to us for tea on Saturday towards the end of the 1930’s. My mother and I used to go to town after tea and look around the market. On our return home our shop was usually full of noise and smoke. My Dad, Andrew Grimshaw, sometimes Harry Greenwood and others were all discussing the afternoon’s game at Blackburn Rovers, along with two or three of the players. My grandfather who wasn’t a football fan would sit in the living room playing draughts with Charlie Calladine who played inside left for the Rovers. He and his wife Joan lived in Leamington Road.

Dabbler I remember my dad (Gerrie Matier) and mum, talking about living in Revidge Road, our brother Kevin was born in Blackburn also. Happy new year.

1 2