Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lisburn Picture House

I remember his funeral in 1969 I think.
donald

Re: Lisburn Picture House

Hi Guys, The "Stores Pub" was owned by Herbert Topping who was the next door neighbour to my Grandparents in Lismara Terrace.His son Sammy was a Telegram Boy with me during the second World War and who immigrated to Canada in the 50s.

I met up with him when I came back to Canada in 1965, unfortunatley he died a few years later of cancer and in fact I was with him in the hospital when he died.

Yes I remember the sing songs in the back room of the "Stores" as I used to frequent it when I was on leave a couple of times a year while in the "Merchant Nayv" though I preferred the "Corner House lounge". I also remember Davy Jones with his coal brick cart and his voice yelling "Coal Brick, Coal Brick"often wondered who loaded the cart for him???.

Mauri