Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incident at Sea

Pat

P.S. Tom,

Check those trains, in Summer, 2 stop at Lisburn one around 1.15p.m. & the other 5.00p.m. Sunday trains different times.

Fares are expensive at E53 fare. Buses are much better value but the train, is as you say, more relaxing IF you go first-class & not in a packed noisy carriage.

Pat

what about the free travel on bus passes

Mauri, I used to feel that I would like to experience a holiday on a cruise ship. Recently, however, the thought of so many people being catered for is inclined to put me off. Having a problem with my gut at the best of times would put me at a greater risk of infection if there was an outbreak of food poisoning. (talk about being optimistic!!!!). However, it I was offered a free one, I might take the chance.!!!!!!!!!!!

Barney, free bus/train passes don't apply to people on holiday from another country as far as I know.

Slieve Russell Hotel Cavan Attention Tom mc Cabe

Tom,

Speaking to my son, who is married to Barbara mc Cabe, from Cavan town & telling him about the clan gathering. He tells me that this hotel is in N.A.M.A (Liquidators) so be carful about parting with any monies in advance of your stay.

The Hotel now being run as a going concern but the staff don't know from day to day what the future holds. All may be well but just a warning word for you.

They hadn't heard of the gathering but are enquiring, so maybe you will meet up with them in August.

Pat