Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sad Loss

Pat, please accept my condolences on behalf of your dear friend Bridie. I will always remember when she stood up for me in Bookeeping class at Lisburn Technical School, I had not turned in an Excercise in Mr Devlin's class, due to a split lip, playing school hockey.
Bridie tried to explain this to Mr Devlin, but was shot down by him saying, " She should have been at school ! "
That's all the sympathy I got for representing the school, but I truly appreciated Bridie's efforts.

Coathanger

Pat, I too was sorry to hear of Bridie's death. Maybe it was a blessing considering her ill health for so many years. Still, a mother can never be replaced. May she rest in peace.

To my other friends,

Thanks for the sympathy, much appreciated.

Pat