Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Orgasm

Joseph; Read your post and thought to respond here. Sorry for your disappointment. Also sorry to say that this may be what things will be from here on for you. Like everything else associated with the results from treating this disease, orgasm experience is all over the board with some claiming better and some like you (and me) saying there is a lot missing. It might be that those of us who notice a negative difference were blessed with a heightened experience when we were whole so the difference is definitely noticeable. (just a theory of mine) At any rate it is NOT what it used to be alright! Orgasms have three sensations I think, all happening at one pleasurable moment. Two are physical in origin and one is mostly mentally induced. Surgery removes the origin of the two physical sensations and we are left with just the mental or nerve sensation part of the experience. I would also say that the "satisfied and fulfilled feeling of accomplishment" after the act is missing also. Just another of the things we are left to accept and deal with from treating this sadistic disease. Make note of what abilities you have left, not all have even that. Jon.

Re: Orgasm

Like a guy I used to know, who used to be heavy-set, then lost hundreds of pounds. In absence of eating all the things he used to, he'd buy his co-workers foods that he used to eat...pizza, ice cream, sugared pop, etc...lived vicariously, to the detriment of my waistline, but satisfied HIM.

What I'm getting at, is that I find some vicarious satisfaction by pleasing my wife....sexually...however I can in my impotent state. I'm not hearing any complaints, and in fact I find myself paying more attention to her needs than before the prostatectomy. Things are different but not completely...over. Who would think this whole odyssey would teach me to help my fellow-woman more?

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS