Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upcoming biopsy

Hello well I got my results from the cystoscopy and biopsy all results came back totally negative for any cancer and for all biopsy needle specimens. Urologist is still perplexed as his DRE prior to biopsy felt a hard nodule. He is still suspicious and says that biopsy are not always accurate as some needle spots may not hit the right spots. I don't mind the urologist being conservative. He did do a DRE today when he gave me the good news results and his assistant also did the DRE as well, it was not as tender or as hard as before but still not as normal as he would like. Is he being too too conservative?? Going back in 3 months for another DRE and PSA and then a possible MRI to see if they can zero in on his suspicions. Very happy with results but still not out of the woods from his standpoint so I will also continue to be vigilant and control my health and not let my guard down. Not as stressed as before biopsy but still a little stress. This forum is fantastic and appreciate all the stories and support. Any thoughts on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!! ABC123ABC.

ABC; Glad to hear good news for you. I am not surprised at the news. I am glad you are giving things three months to neutralize and suspect you will also see good news then. Having just been through a biopsy, your gland will need some time to normalize, especially as it seems it has just been through an infection event also. Hopefully you can put this issue to bed as a false alarm and move on. Jon R.

Thanks so much. I really do appreciate your feedback. Let me know if ever you need anything from me. Take care.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS