Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: just found out i have PC

Have you had a biopsy yet? What did it say? And what stage? What is your Gleason score? Until you know that it's hard to know anything.

I started T shots in October of 2012 because of a deep depression. By September of 2013 I had a lump. The biopsy showed the right side involved. I was stage T2b with a Gleason score of 8 (4+4).

I had robotic surgery 6 days ago and am stunned at how easy recovery has been. While cancer was only 16% involved there may have been a breach but lymph nodes and seminal vesicles were negative, a very good sign!

My doctor, from City of Hope in SoCal told me NOT to beat myself up about the T shots. It may have done a favor showing itself because the cancer was already there.

Get another opinion. Read MANY books. It's your body.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS