Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Things NOT to do before PSA?

Robert,

Whatever you find, there will be a contrarian view expressed elsewhere. The generally held view is that bike work - on a moving or stationery bike - should be avoided for at least 48 hours prior to a PSA test, as should sexual activity and virtually every other exercise that might increase pressure on your prostate gland and 'squeeze' a few more nanograms of PSA into the bloodstream.

It has always seemed strange to me that although my doctors, and the nurses at the blood draw, will always warn me and enquire if I have fasted before a cholestrol test, in none of the PSA tests (and I have had upward of 100 by now I think) has anyone ever mentioned the activities that can increase the outcome.

Incidentally, you might find PSA 101 useful.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Thanks Terry. And thanks for the website. It really helped calm me down.

Thanks boys.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS