Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Newly Diagnosed - Active Surveillance ?

David,

If you have been through the site you'll find links to various aspects of Active Surveillance, including my second website ACTIVE SURVEILLANCE where you can find this article: ACTIVE SURVEILLANCE FOR FAVORABLE RISK PROSTATE CANCER The site is a bit of a mess, but it does give you some basics.

You can also read the stories of a number of men, including me, who chose this route by going here MENTOR EXPERIENCES - AS

As to whether you are a suitable candidiate, that will depend on a number of issues, but especially the aggresiveness of your disease as indicated by the Gleason Score. Active Surveillance may sound an easy choice, but it isn't and it is not one that a man should choose unless he is pretty certain of his diagnosis.

But good luck anyway - and come back with any questions you might have

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: Newly Diagnosed - Active Surveillance ?

Hi Dave,
I was diagnosed in January with a gleason of 6 and a PSA of 6.9. I am only 47 and decided that the only choise for me was the robotic procedure which I had in July after eight weeks if am feeling like my self again except of the sex part but I am giving myself a year. My brother went to his doctor when he was 40 and had a PSA of 4 he did not go back for two years and at 42 had a gleason of 8 and needed 40 treatment of radiation therapy. If you are in your 40's 50's or 60's I woul recommend having the cancer taken out it is not going to go away.

Best of Luck
Pat
Phila, Pa

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS