Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gleason 3+4 and question about radiation

Linda,

It would depend on the dosage but off-hand I would say probably not.

The radiologist likely gave your husband as much radiation in the pelvic region as was prudent to eradicate any cancer that was left after surgery.

Once a region has been irradiated it cannot be repeated.

He could have radiation to other parts of the body if the need arose, but not where he has already received a maximum dosage.

After a prostatectomy and radiation therapy, if the cancer returns it would probably be controlled with hormone therapy.

Tony - USA

Re: Gleason 3+4 and question about radiation

Hi Linda,

I'm the Judy that Terry mentioned in his message to you. I'd like to invite you and any women here who would like contact with many other women who are walking a similar path as you...to join the Ladies Only Forum. We have just changed owners of the forum and actually have a brand new address. To reach us just go to:
http://www.ladies-prostate-forum.org/ladies/ and there you will find some information about the forum and in the upper right hand corner the word "register". Just click on that and you can begin the process of joining. It's not difficult but since we only allow women to join it is closed to men. People can't just click on the url and read.

Above all, at the Ladies Only Forum we certainly understand what is running through your head...and it is a very safe place to ask questions and share struggles. There are many women there with significant experience and knowledge about prostate cancer and everyone is willing to share and listen.

If you have any difficult joining just email me directly and we'll give you the help to make that happen! Actually, I am now part of a team of women who moderate and enjoy the forum. We would love to have you (and any other ladies)join.

I read your husband's story and I'm glad that his treatment so far has kept the psa at undetectable! Hurray! Having the family history of PC that he does is concerning though. With vigilance and diligence and continuing your PC education, he is far ahead of the game. You're very wise to be asking questions and being proactive!
Hugs, Judy

Re: Re: Gleason 3+4 and question about radiation

Thanks for all of your answers, I will try out the women's only forum too!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS