Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jay Leno "jokes" about prostate cancer.

Hi Bob,

Thought provoking post.

I have to hold up my hands amd 'fess up.
I would say my MAIN weapon in my war on these damn tiger cells has been humour.

Totally outrageous, irreverent, often typically British, wicked humour (notice how we Brits spell humor and tumor?lol).

I would draw the line though, at someone trying to be humorous about the situation while at the same time displaying total bloody ignorance and insensitivity.

It's good that we PCa guys are all so different in our attitudes. It makes the world a more interesting place and the reason why worldwide forums are such a release for us all.

Mind you, I think we all pass through dark stages when we find nothing remotely funny about our plight.
But...these times pass, with luck.

Warmest wishes, and I have to say I enjoyed this topic.

George

England

Re: Re: Jay Leno "jokes" about prostate cancer.

I have no problem with those here that do not take offense
to Leno's prostate cancer jokes. I do have a problem when
jokes about prostate cancer go by with an "oh well" attitude
when if his jokes were about breast cancer or sickel cell anemia
all hell would break loose. A double standard for sure.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS