Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: To RainbowGirl and Jan and everybody else

RainbowGirl -

I am so sorry that all that happened and it has come to this for you. No one should have to deal with what we're all dealing with!!! I am glad that imagining Jesus taking your mom and you was comforting to you. I am glad you've found a support group. I've been in therapy off and on since I was 15 and although talk therapy has helped, hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and this EMDR stuff has given me the most relief from what I call "The Pit of Despair". From what I understand, the types of horrors that we've all been through cause the brain to actually change, so to truly recover from our experiences, we have to tap into that part of the brain and help it to see things differently, to rewire itself to react to things more like a "normal" brain again. The NLP, EFT and EMDR all do this. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but I've found a great deal of benefit from it.

Hang in there. You are a good person dealing with a bad situation <- well, there's an understatement!