Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm evicing my mom part 2

You're situation seems pretty sticky. I don't blame you for evicting her. She needs to take responsibility for her own actions. I'm just sorry you're having to make that decision, and for what you've been through.

I had two mothers like that. I remember being only twelve years old and being called a ***** even though I had never slept around. I remember waking in the middle of the night, to eyes, staring and watching, that insane voice threatening to kill me for things I had not done. I was deathly afraid of both of them, and to me, until I reached maturity, I thought that this was how everyone lived and never attributed their mental illness to anything. I thought I was somehow obligated to them.

But we're not responsible. If they choose to mess up their life, it's only because of that---they chose. Personally, I isolate myself as much as I can, because their madness turns me into this dark person...and it's twisted me and warped me over...it's kept me from intimacy, from living a normal life, I even worry about having children later on in the future, because I am afraid they'll be schizophrenic. I don't know what to do---I have no one to get me out of this....I'm really lost. But I know now, I am not responsible. But I am responsible for me, how I turn out, and for me, I cannot stay around cruel, manipulative people who will darken my heart. I don't think I am the bad child anymore, I just cannot mentally handle it.

I hope somehow you will patch things with your mother, that she will change. Take good care of yourself.

Re: I'm evicing my mom part 2

I don't know why the mad face is there, lol--on my previous reply. An accident....

Anyway, it's good for you and me and the rest of us to vent, huh? A nice haven for the social-rejects without normalcy in their lives. (Kidding)

Hang in there.