Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents

Welcome to Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents Discussion Forum!!! Dedicated to the validatation and encouragement towards one another in tranquil and perilous times a mist the obscure insanity of a loved one.

Adult Children of Mentally ill Parents
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: I Never Knew of the Rights of Children With Mentally Ill Parents...

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I have often thought I was going nuts because of the insanity around me. And I'm very introspective, know myself 'very' well...but I am not happy. I know I need to focus on healing myself to be happy. But I'm really isolated and I can't talk to people, can't handle 'normal' people....because I am either too intelluctual, philosophical, or simply put, direct on things. I have to be that way because my mind needs the truth always, and it was my own reasoned approach to recognize unmasked reality that saved me, I do believe.

Thanks for your suggestions. I, in fact, find a lot in reading, among other things...I made up for a lot by feeding my mind, even if I couldn't free it entirely from what it had to face. I fed it with reasons to it could reason its way out.

Take care and thanks again.

Re: I Never Knew of the Rights of Children With Mentally Ill Parents...

Healing starts little by little..step by step..
I have been working on healing my wounds since I was 20, now I am 31 and I am still working on it.
I would definitely recommend you seek professional help, hopefully you can find the right person to guide you and understand you.

Best of luck!