THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: League Meeting News

...and another reason why we don't want to play at Enfield Playing Fields as our Home match (putting nets up) on Sunday 1st September is that I am filming Slough v. Cirencester in the FA Cup at 3.00.p.m.
(They ground-share at Beaconsfield Sycob FC who were also drawn at Home, which is why they have got to play on a Sunday).

Somebody else would have to take the nets & corner flags home with them after the match (in addition to all the kit, etc.) as I will be going straight to Beaconsfield.
Of course we could always travel to Beaconsfield (or somewhere near the North-West stretch of the M25) to play a Pre-Season Friendly in the morning ? Would be very handy for me !
I wouldn't be able to give players a lift there and back though.

Of course remember MyFC (who now sponsor Slough) very nearly sponsored us instead. I could probably fix up something where we are guests for the day at that Slough v. Cirencester match. Play a Slough-based Sunday side in the morning and watch the match in the afternoon, go in the boardroom for free drinks and food. Maybe MyFC pay for a minibus to get us there and back ?
Good day out. Good for team spirit ?

Only problem though is Arsenal v. Spurs at 4.00.p.m. !

Laurence Hughes

Which also means I will be leaving straight after the game!

Trevor Hughes
Laurence Hughes

Which also means I will be leaving straight after the game!

...and it also means that Terry or Barney will have to take the kit and wash it (as I can't take it to Beaconsfield and leave it stinking my car out for hours).

We really need a friendly otherwise we won't have played for 3 weeks when the season starts! We'll sort out the kit, nets whatever between us, won't be a problem

Terry
We really need a friendly otherwise we won't have played for 3 weeks when the season starts! We'll sort out the kit, nets whatever between us, won't be a problem
If you see your cousin over the weekend, can you give Allenburys a try ? See if they have got their pitch up there ? They are using it on the 8th for their first League match, so maybe the posts might be up on the 1st.