THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 17th June

Right...here's the situation at 8.30.a.m....and it's a complicated one !

We only have four definite players at the moment, these being Terry Moore, George Stahlmann, Rafiel Johnson & Leon McKenzie-McKay.
As usual, Jack Bangs has not replied to Teamer or my texts asking him if he is playing or not, but then he usually turns up anyway and he didn't say last week that he wasn't playing, so I think we can probably safely say that we have got five.
Then there is Garry Cover. He is now definitely needed, but he hasn't replied yet either. We will probably need him in goal again as I have no idea whether John's mate Lewis is going to phone me or just turn up of his own accord. John is now on holiday and hasn't told me.

Ben Keating probably won't be able to let me know until very late this afternoon whether he can get out of work in time to play, and the same applies to two mates of George's who want to join us. George says he will bring them along to play tonight if they are available.

So...If Jack, Garry, Lewis, Ben & George's two mates all turn up, we will have a squad of 10...and as far as I am concerned, if that happens, two players will have to voluntarily drop out. I am not deciding on substitutions with that amount of players there. It will be a nightmare ! However, we can't tell any of those players now that they are not needed, because we won't know until we get there who is actually turning up !
On the other hand, there is quite a strong possibility that we will only have 6 players there at 8.00.p.m. and that I will then have to play...probably in goal, and we will have no chance of winning the game if that happens !

Is there any chance that Tim Beeden can come along at 7.55.p.m.'ish to sign the Multi-Reg Form and bring his boots just in case he is needed to play in goal ? (If he is reading this). I think that would be the best bet, because if I called up Daniel Daley, Lexton Harrison, Ivan Bass and/or numerous ex-players who want to play, we could end up with about 15 there !

As for other players, Krishan is working, Gavin is injured, and Cascoe has already arranged to do something else because he wasn't needed initially.

Ben is working and can't play and Garry is doubtful at the moment as he had already made arrangements to do something else when he wasn't in the squad originally.

Just waiting for George to let me know if his two mates are playing.

Sorry Laurence I can't make it tonight

George says he is definitely bringing one mate along to play, so the squad at the moment looks like being...
Laurence Hughes (GK) !
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
George's mate
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs

...and that's it. If Garry can play at the last minute and go in goal, then that's a bonus.

We clearly need one more player. I will give our current players up until 5.00.p.m. to volunteer. First one to confirm availability gets in.

If that fails, I will call up either Steve Cokell or Andrew Warmerdam (ex-players). Both of them have told me to do so if we are short, although I suspect they will both already have something else on by now.

Krishan is playing now, so we have seven good outfield players.
If Lewis or Garry turn up to go in goal, then perfect and I won't have to play.