THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 17th June

Our next 7-a-side League match is against Locomotive Southgate...the team who play in green...so we will either have to wear bibs, the old jade shirts, or Barney/Tim/Gavin Mardell's Church Team's Barcelona shirts.
It is another 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off (on the furthest pitch from the car park).

If we win this match, that should be good enough to see us qualify for the Cup League instead of the Plate League (which is where we normally end up !).
Despite the 'importance' of this match, I need to give one or two other players a game so that they can sign up for next season before the deadline, namely George Stahlmann and Lewis the goalkeeper (if John Scouller is not working again and can bring him along).
We also need Ben Keating to play and sign up asap, so if he is available, he can play as well.
Ideally I would like to try out some of George's mates who want to join as well, but we just have too many players wanting to play 7-a-side at the moment, so they are going to have to wait until Monday 8th July when we are having a Pre-Season Training session. (Hopefully they will be available that evening ?)

Trevor is on holiday for the next two weeks, so I am going to have to pick the squad for both matches and ideally I only want 8 so that I do not have to decide on substitutions.
At the moment, for this match I would like to have a squad as follows:
Lewis (GK)
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
Danny Hagan
Jack Bangs
Rafiel Johnson
Krishan Singh
Ben Keating

I would then like Garry Cover to be on standby in case anybody drops out...and John to also bring his boots if he is bringing Lewis along.

The following Monday's match (24th June) is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Allstars and I would like the squad for that one to be as follows:
Lewis (GK)
Garry Cover (as an outfield player if he doesn't play on the 10th)
Lexton Harrison
Ivan Bass
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Leon McKenzie-McKay

I would like Alan Barnard to be the standby player for that match in case of drop-outs. Barney is not available for the 17th June or the 1st July.

Our match on the 1st July is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Broomfield's First XI. Trevor will be back for that and we will be fielding our strongest available side based on individual performances so far this Summer.
There is no way that we want to take chances against them !

If anybody who I have listed in the squads for the next two matches cannot play on the date I have put them down for, please let me know asap and I will try and swap players around.

Regarding Riaz Daniels, as far as I know he is still injured, but Jack is trying to get him to come along to a 7-a-side match on or before the 1st July deadline to sign up for next season.
If Gavin Mardell or Ali 'TJ' Sowe want to sign up for next season...and I hope they do...then they can come along to 7-a-side on or before the 1st July to sign up as well. If they would like to play on either the 17th or the 24th, I will try and fit them in if I can.
According to Krishan, Younes Jouied is no longer interested.

I hope these arrangements are o.k. with everybody ?

Re: Squad for 7-a-Side - Monday 17th June

Danny Hagan is unavailable for the next two matches due to a family bereavement (which those of our players who are friends with him on Facebook, etc. will already know about), but he will be back for the Broomfield match on the 1st July. Our condolences go to Danny and his family.

Garry Cover and Alan Barnard (the standby players listed) will therefore replace him in the respective squads for the next two weeks.

John Scouller is away this Monday but he is trying to get Lewis to contact us of his own accord to come along and go in goal. I probably won't know until Monday if he is or not though, so we might need to call somebody else up 'at the last minute'. Gavin Mardell (outfield with Garry in goal) and/or Tim Beeden (in goal) might be an idea, as they are both listed on the League Multi-Registration Form but haven't signed it yet.

Right...here's the situation at 8.30.a.m....and it's a complicated one !

We only have four definite players at the moment, these being Terry Moore, George Stahlmann, Rafiel Johnson & Leon McKenzie-McKay.
As usual, Jack Bangs has not replied to Teamer or my texts asking him if he is playing or not, but then he usually turns up anyway and he didn't say last week that he wasn't playing, so I think we can probably safely say that we have got five.
Then there is Garry Cover. He is now definitely needed, but he hasn't replied yet either. We will probably need him in goal again as I have no idea whether John's mate Lewis is going to phone me or just turn up of his own accord. John is now on holiday and hasn't told me.

Ben Keating probably won't be able to let me know until very late this afternoon whether he can get out of work in time to play, and the same applies to two mates of George's who want to join us. George says he will bring them along to play tonight if they are available.

So...If Jack, Garry, Lewis, Ben & George's two mates all turn up, we will have a squad of 10...and as far as I am concerned, if that happens, two players will have to voluntarily drop out. I am not deciding on substitutions with that amount of players there. It will be a nightmare ! However, we can't tell any of those players now that they are not needed, because we won't know until we get there who is actually turning up !
On the other hand, there is quite a strong possibility that we will only have 6 players there at 8.00.p.m. and that I will then have to play...probably in goal, and we will have no chance of winning the game if that happens !

Is there any chance that Tim Beeden can come along at 7.55.p.m.'ish to sign the Multi-Reg Form and bring his boots just in case he is needed to play in goal ? (If he is reading this). I think that would be the best bet, because if I called up Daniel Daley, Lexton Harrison, Ivan Bass and/or numerous ex-players who want to play, we could end up with about 15 there !

As for other players, Krishan is working, Gavin is injured, and Cascoe has already arranged to do something else because he wasn't needed initially.

Ben is working and can't play and Garry is doubtful at the moment as he had already made arrangements to do something else when he wasn't in the squad originally.

Just waiting for George to let me know if his two mates are playing.

Sorry Laurence I can't make it tonight

George says he is definitely bringing one mate along to play, so the squad at the moment looks like being...
Laurence Hughes (GK) !
Terry Moore
George Stahlmann
George's mate
Leon McKenzie-McKay
Rafiel Johnson
Jack Bangs

...and that's it. If Garry can play at the last minute and go in goal, then that's a bonus.

We clearly need one more player. I will give our current players up until 5.00.p.m. to volunteer. First one to confirm availability gets in.

If that fails, I will call up either Steve Cokell or Andrew Warmerdam (ex-players). Both of them have told me to do so if we are short, although I suspect they will both already have something else on by now.

Krishan is playing now, so we have seven good outfield players.
If Lewis or Garry turn up to go in goal, then perfect and I won't have to play.