THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Training Tonight

As mentioned on the match thread for this coming Sunday (v. Turnford Geese), we only had 4 players turn up to training tonight. 6 players dropped out between 5.00.p.m. & 9.00.p.m., mainly because they suddenly had to work late.
As far as I am concerned, that is always going to happen at this time of year, and although we have already paid for training next Wednesday, I cannot see the point in turning up and we should call it off now.

We are trying to arrange a Club Management Committee Meeting as soon as possible in order to make a decision on whether to re-book training for the rest of the season.
Personally I don't think we should, as we are unlikely to get any more new players joining us with only 8 games remaining after Christmas, we now only have a squad of 14 players who are all playing regularly on Sundays or with Saturday clubs anyway, and also quite a few of our players cannot afford to pay £10.00 subs a week (£7.00 a match, £3.00 for training) and are getting way behind. If we scrap training, we can charge only £5.00 per match for the rest of the season to help these players catch up with what they owe.
If we scrap training, players will then be keener for the Summer 7-a-side League when it starts in May.

We then re-start midweek training again at the start of next season (i.e. September) and review it at Christmas again.

Your thoughts are welcome.