THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 20th February (Home to The Beehive)

The Beehive have now confirmed that they will play us in a Friendly at Hazelwood this coming Sunday. It's a 10.30.a.m. kick-off as normal, so please be there by 10.00.a.m. at the latest.
Further details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

As for the squad for this match, we are still trying to find out if Stuart Dorward, Conor McGovern, Danny Smith, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Andrew Warmerdam, Lexton Harrison or Martin Loveday want to play. Hopefully they will let us know before training tomorrow night so that Trevor can pick a squad straight after that (or when he gets home from Arsenal v. Barcelona ).
Ideally, we only want these players playing if they need to test out their fitness, as we need to have another look at some of our new players. At the moment, we only have two players (Steve Cokell and Martin Worthington) unavailable, so there are not many places up for grabs. However, Dean Assiamah now owes £40.00 in subs, so he will have to be left out as well unless he puts at least £20.00 through my door either today or tomorrow. He keeps turning up to matches and telling Trevor he has got the money, then he disappears afterwards without paying it ! Also he is not coming training on Wednesday because he is watching Arsenal, so he can't pay his subs then. We can't keep putting players in the squad who cannot afford to pay their subs because it will mean a lack of income for the club and we will then not be able to afford to book the Southgate Hockey Centre for training.

Tony King has asked to play this Sunday, so assuming Trevor puts him in the squad, can Tony please help me with the opening-up/nets job this week ?

Re: Squad for Sunday 20th February (Home to The Beehive)

I have locked the other thread now (re Fixtures for the 20th & 27th Feb.), so can players please post their availability for this game on this one from now on ?
Loveday posted last on the other thread that he is still injured.

available

Available

Available

Available

I'll play if we're short but I'm happy to stand down to give others a run out. I think Paul Duffy and Danny Brown are available and I think they should get another run out each if they are, along with the other new/returning players.

I'll still come over to watch in the morning but I'm not reffing after the abuse that Hagan got (mind you he was a pile of sh*t).

Also, there is a chance that Paul and I may be able to bring another forward over for a trial. He has showed an interest and if his interest doesn't wane before the weekend then we'll bring him along. If he's as good as he was when we played together before then you'll definitely want to see him in action.

Rob
I'll still come over to watch in the morning but I'm not reffing after the abuse that Hagan got (mind you he was a pile of sh*t).
Well we definitely haven't got a Ref at the moment and are unlikely to get one from the League...again.
I haven't edited the video yet, but I didn't see/hear Hagan get a load of abuse, so I assume that's a wind-up

Rob
Also, there is a chance that Paul and I may be able to bring another forward over for a trial. He has showed an interest and if his interest doesn't wane before the weekend then we'll bring him along. If he's as good as he was when we played together before then you'll definitely want to see him in action.
Ex-London Ajax ?
Another £20 embargo fee to be paid ?

Rob
I'll play if we're short but I'm happy to stand down to give others a run out. I think Paul Duffy and Danny Brown are available and I think they should get another run out each if they are, along with the other new/returning players.

of he's that good...give him a start....?

He should definitely start ahead of Sotirakis ('Aki') Soteriou. It's o.k. coming training and saying 'see you on Sunday', but if trialists can't get out of bed on a Sunday morning or can't find the ground, then that's not a lot of use to us.
I don't know if Aki has phoned Trev to explain where he was though.

Laurence Ex-London Ajax ?
Another £20 embargo fee to be paid ? [Blue

He wasn't signed for us when we folded. I'm sure.

And Stu, I don't want to talk him up on here in case he has a shocker but yes, he was very good back in the day.

Rob
Laurence Ex-London Ajax ?
Another £20 embargo fee to be paid ? [Blue

He wasn't signed for us when we folded. I'm sure.

And Stu, I don't want to talk him up on here in case he has a shocker but yes, he was very good back in the day.

yeah - understood browny...think we should put him in though anyway

He said he is defiantly coming over on Sunday. I told him to bring some photos, preferably of himself, so he can sign up.

Available

available

I can pay for the subs on sunday because i won't be coming training tonight but there aint no other way for me to give it to you before then

Available but happy to stand down if you want to trial out the new super duper forward as well as others?

Could do with a game though as unavailable next week (Carling Cup Final)

Please let me know if I'm needed.

Trev can't post on here from work any more and obviously he is out tonight at Arsenal, so he probably won't be able to reply to Dean & Conor's messages until tomorrow (Thursday night).

At the moment we have got about 21 players wanting to play this Sunday...and there may even be more than that if Warmers and Lexton get in touch to say they are hoping to play on the 27th but need to play this Sunday to test their fitness.

Personally, I don't think players should be picked for this Sunday if they are definitely not available for the McKenzie Rangers game on the 27th. I know they might lose their fitness and then be struggling with that if they are picked to play on the 6th March, but I think the most important thing at the moment is giving priority to new players and those who did not play against Churchbury but are available for the McKenzie Rangers game on the 27th...or at least I presume they are ? (e.g. Stuart, Barney, Hagan, Smithy, Tony King).
Trev may have different ideas though.

21 players!! how come we dont get that for a league match!!

anyway - yes - ok for 27th

As I say, it's unlikely that Trev will be able to post on here until Thursday evening at the earliest, but going by the teamsheet he sent me a few days ago, the following players are definitely in the squad for this Sunday because they are either available for the McKenzie Rangers match the following week and did not play against Churchbury or are new or 'fringe'/younger players who we need to look at:
Alan Barnard
Stuart Dorward
Danny Hagan
Tony King
Paul Duffy
Colin Bester
Yianni Kyriacou
Lee King
Danny Brown
Peter Baynard
(the ex-London Ajax forward)
John Scouller
Robert Dodds

If we are having a squad of 16, we then need Trev to make a decision in finding 4 others from the following, who are all definitely available:
Darryl Johnson or Simon Jackson...Trev has put Darryl in the squad and left Jacko out at the moment, but the general consensus of opinion from numerous players I have spoken to is that Jacko should play because he will be picked ahead of Darryl for the McKenzie Rangers game 'whatever' and therefore needs match practice. Darryl is getting match practice playing for EBOGS on Saturdays (as far as I know ?) and he has gone on record as saying that there is no need for him to play unless Jacko is injured. Also, I think we should be giving priority to those who can come training, and nobody is keener to do that than Jacko.
Dean Assiamah...Says he will pay his subs this Sunday, so as this is a Friendly, maybe he should be given the chance to do so (again). If it was a League match, he would have to be dropped though.
Danny Smith...Has texted me to say he doesn't mind dropping out if we have got too many as he is playing on Saturday and therefore keeping match fit anyway.
Terry Brown...Says he would like to play to keep up his fitness, but again will drop out if we have too many.
Terry Moore...Has volunteered to drop out if we have too many, but is available to play the following week, unlike others listed below.
Tom Watts...Is moving back up to Middlesbrough permanently on Tuesday, so this Sunday will be his last game for us. He says he would like to play, but then he is not available thereafter.
Conor McGovern...Would like to play this Sunday to get fit, but is not available the following week.
Rob Brown...Would like to play this Sunday to get fit, but is not available the following week.
Should be below Conor in the pecking order as he played against Churchbury and Conor didn't.

Steve Cokell, Martin Worthington, Martin Loveday & Tem Adil (Ill ?) are all unavailable, while we haven't heard from Lexton Harrison, Andrew Warmerdam, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Jim Arrowsmith or Olie Tedder.
In my opinion it is too late for them to be added to the squad now unless we have loads drop out before the weekend.

That's the situation at the moment.

Either i'm playing or i am not. Trev offered for me to play last week but something came up and i could not get out of it, it was a very personal reason. I have only dropped out a few times in nearly ten years. I have said that i will play in the league games if you are short or Jacko cannot make it. I would like to play to "get to know you all again" football wise just in case i am needed one week. I am playing Saturdays but not every week. If i am needed please let me know today by 4.30pm otherwise i'll do something else. Not got the hump by the way, but i do need to know today.
Ta

On the point about training, I CANNOT MAKE TRAINING AT THAT TIME It has NOTHING to do with not wanting to. Also, i have never said "there is no need for me to play." I did say i am not turning up every week to "end up running the line."

who is this daryll chap??

Love it Stu. Tall fat fooker with no hands, remember? I have spoken to Trevor. See you Sunday

Darryl
Love it Stu. Tall fat fooker with no hands, remember? I have spoken to Trevor. See you Sunday
Indeed Trev has sent me an e-mail that seems to confirm that he wants Darryl to play because he was going to put him in instead of Jacko for the Churchbury match and Jacko agreed to that...and for me to sort things out because I was at training last night to listen to people's opinions and Trev wasn't. Oh cheers. So I am now the Manager, am I ?
Trev is now stuck in Court this afternoon so cannot reply before Darryl's 4.30.p.m. deadline, so it looks like I therefore have no option but to say Darryl is playing...meaning Jacko won't be there on Sunday and that will result in Martin Worthington not being registered until next season (because Jacko was due to be bringing Martin's photo on Sunday).

Trev has also said in his e-mail that he definitely wants Terry Brown and Dean Assiamah in the squad. If Dean doesn't bring his subs (again), then he will not be picked for the McKenzie Rangers match. In fact if Dean doesn't bring his subs again, we have a good mind to force him to Referee the match in order to clear his subs that way. We have not got a Referee at the moment and are unlikely to get one.

'Akis' (Soterakis Soteriou) texted Trev to apologise for not turning up against Churchbury after coming training the Wednesday before. Apparently he was in Hospital ! He said he will be there this Sunday with his boots and Trev has told him he can play if people drop out on the day.

Trev has said there is no point in Conor coming all the way from Leigh-On-Sea for this match as he will only get half a game because we have three forwards (Peter Baynard, Danny Brown & John Scouller) already.
He didn't say who he wants for the other place in the squad...so presumably he is happy with just a squad of 15 ...or 14 if Dean turns up without his subs and Akis is not there to replace him.

Dya know what, if the general consensus of opinion from numerous players is play Jacko then fine. You can get your picture and sign up Jacko's mate. Sorted. After all, i have only paid my subs and it is only friendly. Not a big deal really is it? And like you said, i won't be playing next week whatever. FFS!!

Darryl
Dya know what, if the general consensus of opinion from numerous players is play Jacko then fine. You can get your picture and sign up Jacko's mate. Sorted. After all, i have only paid my subs and it is only friendly. Not a big deal really is it? And like you said, i won't be playing next week whatever. FFS!!
No worries. I'll drive round to Jacko's house (wherever that is) at 8.00.a.m. on Saturday morning (before I go to work for the day) to get Martin's photo.
Other Club Secretaries put themselves out like that, so why shouldn't I ?

Sorry I thought I said at training that I'll be there whatever and I'll bring Martins photo....... so No panic Lol you will have it on Sunday and yes I have got it.

I'll be coming to watch on Sunday but I will have the kids with me.

If for some reason I am needed I must know on Saturday as I'll arranged for the kids to be left at home on their own....

Ta

Jacko
Sorry I thought I said at training that I'll be there whatever and I'll bring Martins photo....... so No panic Lol you will have it on Sunday and yes I have got it.

I'll be coming to watch on Sunday but I will have the kids with me.

If for some reason I am needed I must know on Saturday as I'll arranged for the kids to be left at home on their own....

Ta
O.K. Excellent. Problem solved.

The good thing about all this is that we have too many players wanting to play for us, despite losing 9 out of our last 10 matches.
I would rather have the problem of too many players than no goalkeeper at all and only 7 outfield players interested...which is what most teams would get with a current record like we have got.

I have only asked the question if i'm playing or not because of your post regarding your opinion on who YOU think should play based on availabilty the following week and trialist/fringe players. In that respect then you are acting as the manager because you are changing the squad Trevor named, so i'll now drop out Sunday so you don't have to put yourself out before work on Saturday by popping round Jacko's. I won't get a game the following week regardless so i am therefore, by default, not availble next week. So in dropping out it's all boxed nicely for you and i'll now have a lay in Sunday. No biggy really.

Darryl
I have only asked the question if i'm playing or not because of your post regarding your opinion on who YOU think should play based on availabilty the following week and trialist/fringe players. In that respect then you are acting as the manager because you are changing the squad Trevor named, so i'll now drop out Sunday so you don't have to put yourself out before work on Saturday by popping round Jacko's. I won't get a game the following week regardless so i am therefore, by default, not availble next week. So in dropping out it's all boxed nicely for you and i'll now have a lay in Sunday. No biggy really.
As usual, I am left to do the dirty work because others won't tell Trev what they told me at training or put their opinions on here, but as I have upset everybody at the club numerous times before anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter if I do it again, does it ?

I blame Arsenal.
If Trev turned up to training instead of going to watch that sh*t then we wouldn't have had this problem.

1 2