NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM

​​​​​​​

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: March

March despite its sometimes awful weather is to me a month of HOPE. You can start to see the very early tips of the beautiful flowers that will be coming later and spring arrives. Daylight savings time renews everyones spirits and circadian rhythms with prolonged sunlight.
I also always recall St. Patrick’s Day. While we don’t usually do any great celebration of the day, I do always wear green. I do remember one St. Patrick’s Day in particular. Our nursing school St. Vincent’s Hospital School of Nursing was marching in the parade. I was one of the many student nurses who were marching on this day. I don’t know if anyone remembers but St. Vincent’s nurses caps were extremely large, heavily starched with high points and. Wings. They were sort of like the "flying nuns". This particular parade day it was snowing. As we gallantly and proudly marched the snow piled up and collected in our caps. The starch eventually gave out and the caps collapsed onto our heads. We didn’t care, we enjoyed the whole experience and stayed true to our school motto ‘ Patience, Fortitude and Perseverance"

Re: March

Hate to have 2 entries. in this discussion about Mach but how could we have forgotten about MARCH MADNESS. My husband and. I are huge college and NCAA Basketball fans . We have really missed it over the last 2 Covid years but last might it came back with. a vengeance. A 15 seed St Peters from Jersey City beat the Goliath #2 seed, Kentucky in a super close overtime game. It was only the tenth time ever that a 15 seed beat a #2 seed. After that Murray St. beat San Francisco in another very close overtime game. I think that they are the best things to watch on TV whether you are a basketball fan or not Tune in over the next 2 weeks and enjoy MARCH MADNESS.