Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Legend of Andy Kaufman

Hey Rob,

I think this deserves some sort of recognition from someone. It's really got to be quite an undertaking and, I'm sure, a less-than pleasant experience to recount all of this. There are plenty of legitimate questions in here that deserve to be answered, but I'm sure they won't be at this point. Whatever the motives of the man behind the curtain, the method has always been evasion, and it probably won't change. In fact, I think that's basically the whole trick... all Enrique has ever done is to act like he *might* know something that other people don't about Andy Kaufman's life and possible death. Because people like us made the mistake of saying "well, *assuming* that's true -- what else you got," each subsequent "clue" has carried weight. If they started explaining anything away at this point, it would lose the ounce of mystery it has left to the few people still casually following along.

I agree that whomever the person/people behind the Claire and Enrique personas is/are should have created some distance from the Winston persona, and obviously none of these folks have anyone's best interest in mind. It's too bad -- I think they and everyone else could have had a lot more fun with this wild goose chase if they'd taken a little more care.

I do actually give some credence to the theory posited here some time back that 'person b' essentially wrangled the Claire board away from 'person a' after 'a' lost interest. Remember the day that board was shut down and then reopened? I don't think the original Claire is around to answer for herself anymore.

That's about it. I know I'm not too central to the goings on here, I just thought your heartfelt letter deserved some sort of discussion.

-Levi

Re: Re: The Legend of Andy Kaufman

I enjoyed reading about your evening at the House of Blues, Rob. I agree with levi's assessment of the situation. Personally, I wouldn't worry your heart about the happenings over there or give them any more of your time, attention, emotional energy, etc. Take care of yourself, Rob.

Ironic, the subject header of this topic, as it never really had anything to do with Andy Kaufman. The House of Blues show had more to do with Bob's Tony Clifton and Jim Carrey's Andy. The andykaufmanlives site had more to do with an egoist trying to play games with people in the name of Kaufman.