Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Myth of Depression

Lithium helps me, thats what my shrink gave me them. I love that detached feeling. Some people need Paxil Prozac, the people I have dealed with seem alot nicer while on it.
I dont believe that there is any cure for depression. The best thing to do is start drinking about 5:00 PM and stop about 11:00 PM thats when I start to take the Lithium and that shit knocks me out.

Re: Re: The Myth of Depression

Is that a Kmart I hear?

Re: Re: Re: The Myth of Depression

That's WW if yer nasty!

I'm picturing Sisyphus pushing a big prozac pill up the hill.

Re: Re: The Myth of Depression

That's perfect.

DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS???!!

Re: Re: Re: The Myth of Depression

I've been out sick yesterday and today. I have to return to work tomorrow. *sighs*

Self imployed = dicking around all day.

very thought provoking, Lulu

If Van Gogh had been a happier person maybe his paintings would have been even better, or maybe the fact that he was so tortured made him a better artist, or maybe the fact that he wasn't successful in his lifetime wouldn't have mattered to him if he hadn't been depressed. I agree, I think there is a tendency in our society to over medicate or to medicate when it's not needed at all, but I don't think overcoming real clinical depression is only a matter of discipline or self control, at the same time I do think melancholia is benefited by learning to utilize self control and discipline and a definite distinction between the two should be more carefully made by healthcare providers before medication is dispensed.

While I admire the attributes of the fictional Sisyphus I identify more closely with Van Gogh. I don't think Van Gogh found much joy in his struggle and I don't think it's realistic that one might joy in futility. I'll be the first to admit I'm a pessimist

Re: very thought provoking, Lulu

I have the perfect antidote for melancholia. I went to see Desmond Decker last night in Hollywood. I garentee it is impossible to feel anything but bliss after that experience.