Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Life in a small town

Hi Ann,

Edward the V111 was Prince of Wales before he was crowned King, after his abdication they made him Duke of Windsor...Heaven knows why!!!!!!.

This is sure to get "SPAMMED".....here's hoping it isn't.

Beano

Ann, Can you not get in touch with Jim Collins son and find out what is causing all this spamming. I have only experienced it once on my side yet I have posted some reasonably long postings so for me it really has not been a problem. Mauri

Edward V111 was never crowned.

Terry, you're quite correct.

King George V died on 20 January 1936, and Edward ascended the throne as King Edward VIII. The next day, he broke royal protocol by watching the proclamation of his own accession from a window of St James's Palace in the company of the then still-married Simpson.[42] He became the first monarch of the British Empire to fly in an aircraft when he flew from Sandringham to London for his Accession Council.[11]

Edward VIII (Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David; 23 June 1894 – 28 May 1972) was King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire, and Emperor of India, from 20 January 1936 until his abdication on 11 December the same year.

It´s correct he never was crowned but he was proclaimed King and reigned for a short while

donald

In American Time Magazine man of the year in 1938 was Adolf Hitler,had he died in 1939,he would be have been recognized by historians as almost an equal to to Bismarck as Germanys greatest ever statesman

that was taken from THE IRISH DAILY MAIL