Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
EBRT vs. EBRT + Brachytherapy
There seems to be a growing trend in radiotherapy toward dual mode treatment with IMRT followed by Seed Implants. There are some doctors making claims of better results vs. an aggressive course of IMRT alone. The cure rates claimed by some of these doctors are rathe...
Views: 607   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 26, 2008 3:17pm
by George
hormone hot flashes
DOES MEGACE, AS A SOLUTION TO HOT FLASHES CAUSED BY HORMONE THERAPY, COUNTERACT THE EFFECTIVENESS OF LUPRON?
Views: 479   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2008 2:20am
by PATRICK
Dattoli Treatment Center
I have been looking on the internet for information and have talked with Dr. Dattoli about their treatment program. It looks to be targeted to the individual as compared to the urologist I have been seeing advising that I have the Da Vinci prostatectomy. Was wonder...
Views: 557   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2008 10:56pm
by Jack Jennings
Biopsy last Friday 6/15/07
Hi all- I recently turned 40, and as a promise to my dad who is a 3 time prostate cancer survivor, I had a PSA test. My result was 4.6, which prompted a referal to a urologist. The urologist did a urine test, DRE, and recomended I come back for a biopsy. I di...
Views: 1009   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 25, 2008 2:16am
by Christina
j
Jose
Prostaste cancer in the family
I'm a YANA member since 2002, and had an RP back in 2002, with no other treatment and my PSA averages between .1 and .2, and just went over 5-years back in June 2007. I have a statement /question, at age 42 I had a PSA of 4.5 and a Gleason score of 3+3=6. My fath...
Views: 490   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2008 7:11pm
by Mike Prusi
Ketoconozole
I am going to start using Ketoconozole and Hydrocortisone along with my Lupron and Zometa treatments. Is anyone else utilizing this combination of medications? What can I look forward to and what should I be on the look out for? Age: 64 Diagnosis in 8/2004. Init...
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 8:20pm
by Robert Thistlewh...
p
Phred
Urinary symptoms
Had radiation seeds implanted three weeks ago and was virtually symptom free prior to the surgical procedure. Now have all the symptoms ... up several times a night, urgency, frequency, weak flow, pain and some burning sensation. Both Urologist and Oncologist s...
Views: 967   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 7:51pm
by Sal Gaioni
Nothing but time
I'm less than a month away from my robotic procedure. At this point, I've got nothing but time. Sure there'll be one more "test" prior in about two weeks to break up the monotony and there's always work each day to distract. I'm positive on the outside to family a...
Views: 811   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 19, 2008 6:16pm
by Gary D
r
RGP
Prostate Protocol
Has anyone had experience with a Prostate protocol that a product by the name of PC Hope and several products? I found it when reading about Prostasol, the one from California distributed by Seacoast and the MedPro Prostasol out of the Aeskulap Klinic in Switzerland.
Views: 693   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2008 12:41am
by RGP
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS