Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn.com Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kitty molloys

Hi just wondering if anyone rembered kitty molloys in smilthfield square

Re: Kitty molloys

Hi

Yes I remember kitty, I loved to go there ,like all others ,for the ice cream ,and the large sticks of liquorice .
Ah lovely memories .
Regards
Tommy

I very much remember Kitty's most Sunday nights we would congregate outside it licking sliders and gazing in at Ezabell Begley who worked behind the counter ,it's with regret I was informed of her death in England about a year ago ,what a different world today !Regards Ted

Thanks very much for replying does anyone have anymore memories of Lisburn back then

Harriet

Do you remember a man called Bob Neil he was the ice cream maker in Kitty Molloys

Yes I remember him they were the best of days

Morning all,

My Uncle Paddy used to bring us a handful of large "pokes" home with him, from Kitty Molloy,s', when I stayed with my cousins in Barrack St.

We used to watch from a skylight for him coming home with the tissue wrapped "Pokes" in his hand, & the raspberry or strawberry topper beginning to melt down the sides.

Funny enough, I am not a lover of ice-cream, never was, even in those days, I would have preferred a Raspberry Ruffle any day.

BUT we throughly enjoyed ourselves, seeing who could have the last lick of that delicious Poke, which I can taste yet.

Thanks for the memories, Uncle Paddy. May he rest in peace.

Pat

They say that the ice cream sold in Sloan St(part of the post office) is Kitty Molloy's recipe. Its great ice cream ! Margaret