Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn.com Website
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problem with forum

Seems to be something wrong with the forum. I have a support ticket opened with the forum maker. Will keep you posted.
D

Barbour/Hilden Mill

Never thought that my song "Barbour Mill" could have generated so many posts. Thanks to all for your valuable contribution and for your kind remarks.

Re: Problem with forum

No reply as yet. Will let you know.
D

Still no reply. Time for bed. I'll check from there!
D

Still nothing. Not very happy.
D

I just got this message "The case has been sent over to the systems administration team to see what can be done. It could take a little while to get an answer one way or the other about restoring this data. Thanks for your patience!" Fingers crossed. Darryl

And we're back. Huge relief! Still not sure what went wrong, but I count my blessings here.

----- Message from forum support ----------------

Please note:
1 - your post IDs may have changed, so references to a specific post may be broken.
2 - the data is as of 9:30 PM, PST, on Feb 26th. Any data from between then an now that was lost will remain missing.
3 - we didn't overwrite any existing posts, so anything that existed both in that backup and on your forum was left as-is.

----- End -------------------------------------

I have had a quick look and it all seems intact. Let me know if you think something isn't quite right and I will follow it up.

I can sleep well tonight!

Darryl

Hi Darryl, Everything seems %100 this end and thanks for the dedication your putting into this as it means a lot to a lot of people in different parts of the world, with out a doubt the Boss would be proud of you as he refused to let any problem get the better of him as you know. In the meantime " Keep Her Lit" Regards Ted

Thanks Ted, that means a lot to me, particularly the comment "Keep 'er lit" - when I spoke at Brian's funeral, those are the words I ended with. It still feels very appropriate, now more than ever.

There are a couple of recent messages merged together that I'll try to unpick at the weekend if I remember, but otherwise everything seems back to normal.

One slight concern I have is now having two forums - exiles and one for the website. I hope everyone can get to grips with that and post the right thing to the right place. If anyone needs help/advice on how to check, let me know!

Darryl

Darryl, I'm glad you got sorted out eventually. We really don't appreciate the trouble there is to keep this site ticking over. Well, we do appreciate it, but you know what I mean.

Keep 'er lit.