Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish Passport renewal

My Irish Passport expires in June this year, after reading so much about delays in extensions due to so many new applications I applied on 1January per online for a renewal. To my surprise on 10 January the postman rang my house bell and handed me the new one!!! No more free ones for Pensioners they charge €75 plus €5 postage now which can be paid by Visa, but the service is excellent and fast.
donald

Re: Irish Passport renewal

Morning Donald, You were extremely lucky as my granddaughter applied for her Irish passport at the post office and was informed that the waiting list was 12 weeks,by the way how's your weather some of the news flashes coming out of Europe are scarey with the snow showers and tailbacks Good luck Ted

Ted,
Morning Donald, You were extremely lucky as my granddaughter applied for her Irish passport at the post office and was informed that the waiting list was 12 weeks,by the way how's your weather some of the news flashes coming out of Europe are scarey with the snow showers and tailbacks Good luck Ted
Hi Ted
Mine was a renewal, a new Passport has to be done the normal way. I read somewhere that the Irish Government had to employ over 200 new temporay staff to deal with the demand for Passports due to the Brexit.

We have had a lot of snow and ice here, some airports were closed . It´s getting back to normal thank goodness, a short time ago I was stopped by a brass monkey and he asked me was there a workshop near which did welding.

The Fasching season ( Carnival ) will soon be starting here, a very well liked season.

Donald

Just curious, but what is the advantage of travelling on an Irish Passport by British Citizens.? Although my Mother and her parents were all born in the south but moved North prior to the first World War they had British Passports, myself have Canadian and British passports but guess I would be entitled to an Irish passport as well but whats the advantage???? Mauri

Hi Mauri,After a long reply the sight is up to its old tricks again it vanished! The demand for an Irish Passport is Britain leaving EEC which will make the Brit passport alein in Europe were as the Irish one is European and a permit will not be required to travel within EEC countries ,that's the theory at the moment as they don't know what the hell they are doing in Westminster ,Mauri hope this finds yourself and Joy well ,are you's heading for any warm destinations in the near future ? Regards Ted

Donald ,Last night at dinner in my daughter's I told them about your experience Re Passport and they confirmed what you said hers was for a new passport were previously she was on the family one,glad to hear your weather is improving Regards Ted

Hi Ted, Thanks for your info re the passports. They sure seem to be in a muddle in the British Parliment re their exit from the ECM should never have taken that vote re staying in or out, will be interesting to see what the final outcome will be.

No Joy and myself have no travel plans at present, those days are over?, we had an apartment in Florida for about twelve years and also done upteen cruises to the Carribean,Baltic,Mediteranean,Alaska and the North Cape which included ports in Ireland and Scotland all of these cruises were out of New York and Florida "Those were the days" All Best Wishes. Mauri

Read a short time ago the application forms in norniron for Irish Passports are at the minute not available because of the big demand due to Brexit

Liz
before I post I copy my contribution using the mouse, then if it goes missing I can simply put in in again

donald

Thanks Donald, but I don't have a mouse!

Liz
Thanks Donald, but I don't have a mouse!
Liz
I find a mouse very practical, I have one for my Laptop also as I find it easier to work with
donald