Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lads from the Piper Hill Choir

Hi Thomas,

I remember those days very well, we all thought we were Perry Como.Those days were filled with great memories, lots of love to Evelyn and yourself.

Today the Arthritis in my hands are a bit less swollen, this allows me to type a bit easier which , is not very often anymore.

I am a constant lurker, I want to thank Ted and Donald for keeping the Forum going, along with input from Liz, Mauri, and Arsenal Joe.
Thank you all.

I miss Low Roader, Ann, Pat, Tom(Aus.)I hope all are in good health.

Best wishes to all,

Beano.

Hi Billy, Thomas, Donald, Mauri, It's been a while and I thought I would lurk in and see if there was any craic and it was great that there was still a light in the forum, Thomas its nice to know Boyle's corner was your pitch were as ours was, I am almost certain it was in Tyler's hallway beside Madam Fusco's, I would suggest we were slightly more advanced than yous'ens as we had mouthorgan accompaniment mostly played by Gerry Murray which had a side key and he was able to "vamp it" I still done know what that meant ? as the only think that I was able to attempt was "The Red River Valley" poorly, but it brings back great memories of the fly side , Pete Battisti's Pies , Malloy's ice cream, and the girls we cheeped and whistled at cause we were to scared to talk to them, hope you's have all wrote your Santa list, Regards to you all and thanks for making the effort Regards Ted

Hi Billy

I remember before Boyles moved in there was a Pawnshop there and beside it was an office and waiting room belonging to the Bus Company UTA. That was in the early 50s
donald

Yes Donald, you have stirred up a memory, I remember being in that Pawn shop a couple of times as a child, I also remember the waiting room next door, why I remember this I do not know.

Liz
Yes Donald, you have stirred up a memory, I remember being in that Pawn shop a couple of times as a child, I also remember the waiting room next door, why I remember this I do not know.

Liz

who was not? I remember being in there also, but was not allowed to tell anyone.

donald

Hi Liz and Donald,

I remember buying a set of Darts in the Pawnshop, I think it was owned by a man named Warnock!!!!