Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Police Name

What is the offical name of the Northern Ireland police now? it used to be called the Royal Ulster Constabulary but I understand when the peace agreement was signed the name was changed or am I wrong?

When I was in the United States Air Force I served in the Air Force Police so when I packed in the Merchant Navy and came back to Canada I applied to join the Toronto Police but at that time was rejected because I was slightly over the age limit a restriction that has since been lifted.

My son in law is a sergeant with Toronto Police and the pay and pension etc are unbeliveable now>>>. Mauri

Re: Police Name

Morning Mauri, After the RUC was stood down the force was re established under the title the P,S,N,I, Police, Service. Northern, Ireland , were they tried to create a more balanced force as to wither they succeeded is doubtable, but they are very well paid and I would imagine have a fair pension on retirement, Regards Ted

Re: Police Name

Thanks Ted, I used to have a couple of friends in Lisburn Police Station back in the RUC days,both ex Navy I could tell you a few stories about some of our nights out on the town but better not???

Another hot day here in Southern Ontario,temperature in the mid 20sC and supposed to be hotter tomorrow, thank God for air conditioning?? as I remember many hot and humid days in various parts of the world before air conditioning became popular. Have a great week. Mauri