Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quiet as a mouse Forum

Morning Mauri, I do hope you had luck with your lotto numbers over the weekend as I see you are having problems checking the numbers ,regards the stagnation of the forum it's hard to put the finger on the cause,I honestly think it has run its course but a few of us won't let it go ,in the meantime we are enjoying a brief spell of sunny weather ,yesterday I looked forward to a day in the garden catching up with the papers etc but I was bombarded with the sound of garden strimers , lawnmowers, dogs barking, children arguing ,maybe today they will all take themselves to the beach hopefully, in the meantime Mauri keep the faith one day the fourm might just bounce back and your faith in it might be restored ?always great to hear from you, Regards Ted

Hi Ted, Great to hear from you,but how the heck did you know I was having problems with my lottery numbers, actually just the one lottery, they changed the website for reporting the numbers for some reason and I have had nothing but problems since. "Ah Well" as long as I win the millions who cares"???

As for the Forum, its hard to understand how so many who have contributed for years suddenly disappear??,with no explanation as to why??

We have been having really nice weather the past few days with the temperatures going from 14oC into the 20sc for the rest of the week along with nice sunshine so hopefully winter is behind us. Have a Great Day or whats left of it???. Mauri

I think as Ted says, it has run it's course. When you don't get any replies to a contribution, it is very discouraging when you don't get any replies. I put one on about Big Tom and the Mainliners, actually it was about the Big Mans death. I thought some of the followers of the Showbands might have been interested, no, not one reply. I will now join the the long list of LURKERS, sad, since I joined the Forum 2004/5. Best Wishes to all.

Beano

Hi Beano, Good to hear from you. I have had all kinds of entries that I never received any replys to but just ignored it. I never replied to yours about BigTom because I had never heard of him or his band. I used to be a Country and Western lover some years back and especially when I was living in the States but over the years have got away from it. Anyway old friend hope this finds you and yours all keeping well. Mauri

Morning Beano,Always good to hear from you ,like Mauri and yourself I keep lurking hoping something fresh appears ,but mostly in vain,An odd time I see an odd old Forum subscriber popping up on Facebook at least you know there still around ! In the meantime all the best to you both and hope one day soon Mauri hits the jackpot and keeps us in mind.Ted

Billy,
I eventually reached the obvious conclusion that even the limited number who read this forum had other things on their minds. Who the hell wants to read about my personal life in the fifties when they can go on Twitter and read what Trump says?

Beano if you are still about and I hope you are, I would like to get in touch. You are my 1st cousin 1X removed. Maybe you could message me, Eddie