Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sleepy Forum

Seems like everybody is just lying back waiting for somebody to contribute, well for better or worse here goes. Weather here in Southern Ontario took a dive for the worse to day with a snowstorm blowing and supposed to last into tomorrow.and this is Spring?? "Ah Well" much better days ahead.

Reminds me of the first typhoon I went through in 1951 of the Korean coast,we had been anchored in the US Navy base in Sasebo Japan when the order came for all ships at anchor to proceed to sea to ride out the forthcoming Typhoon "Ruth".

What a nightmare that was for the next few days, we lost several aircraft off the flight deck also a small tractor and some of the accomadation areas were a real mess. While it was really bad a couple of years later I went through another one on the Frigate HMAS Murchison but thats another story. Mauri

Re: Sleepy Forum

Morning Mauri,Fair play to you for trying your best to put a bit of life back into this what at one time was a hive of positive input from Lisburn ex patriots from around the globe, yourself including others very much to the forefront,one has only to go back near enough to the beginning to appreciate the wealth of input this forum created , and even to go back to the members names ,I'm sure they are still listed and I'm aware some have passed on and I ask myself were did it all go wrong ? Is it because of personal e/m rather than share on the forum ? Or just the insperation isn't there any more? or maybe with Jim's demise the forum lost the added attraction of the members photographs which were greatly appreciated and created discussion also there was at one time a help page were people from far and wide frequently asked questions about lost family members etc and it dried up also,I don't honestly know but I feel sad when I see the recorded photographs and the input from the members and hope for another generation to maybe be able to browse years hence ,Thanks Mauri again Cheers Ted

Re: Sleepy Forum

Hi Ted, This will be my third attempt to answer yours, the others were wiped out when I tried to send "WHY"??

Yes the Forum has sure lost a lot of contributors over the past year,don't really know why other than they get tired of it, was going to stop contributing myself after being insulted a few times about my stories but best just to ignore dumb idiots.??

Weather here in Southern Ontario really wintry yesterday and today, snowstorm yesterday freezing rain today, not too worry sunny days just around the corner.

Anyway Ted hope this finds everything A1 with you and yours. Take Care

Mauri