Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Asparagus and Ruhbarb season begins

Ann
if you are looking in Aspapagus and Ruhbarb is on sale here this week, The Asparagus is local ( from greenhouses ) and Peru . The Ruhbarb is also local , Kilo preis €5,99!!!! The Peru Asparagus costs €7,98 per Kilo and the local €24,99. Herself is cooking an Ruhbarb crumble at the minute to take to our youngest daughter´s house tomorrow as we are having a family festival to celebrate herself,s birthday ( 73 ). The Grandkids are coming , except Max as he is studying in Düsseldorf and cannot make it.
Happy Easter all.
donald

Re: Asparagus and Ruhbarb season begins

Donald , Keep taking the rhubarb! as a child we were told it was great for colds, sores, sore holes, and infalmation of the stomach, Donald I'm afraid the Asparsgus didn't ring a bell then in our end of the Low Rd of course Hilden was more suffictacated you's after all had the Dinning Rooms and there Menue's had a lot to offer, in the meantime Bon-Appetete to all at tomorrows Lunch as for ourselves we are also invited for, lunch Rib of Beef and the first glass of wine for 6 weeks , Bring it on Regards Ted

Ted
I never heard of Asparagus until I came here. Schrobenhausen, an area near here is well known for growing it, now it comes from all over the world. In Hilden we were lucky if we got a Herring on Friday or maybe a chip from the Hilden mill Cantine
donald

Donald, It has also became very popular here as well when the season starts M&S make a big thing of it with large advertising etc. regarding Herrings at the price they now get for Ardglass Herrings they are almost a luxury now if you can get them ?