Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The party,s over

Unfortunatly we ( for me at least ) have reached the end of the forum, despite having tried to re-activat some subjects nothing is happening.
Bye Bye
donald

Re: The party,s over

A sad day indeed and you did gave it your best shot,in the meantime thanks to those of you who had a positive input it was great while it lasted and it was a pleasure to have meet personally some new friends ,Kind Regards to all Ted

Ted, have to echo your sentiments. The "positive input" is what struck me, we suddenly had a lot of negative input..(thanks Bertha...whoever you are),for example. Very little "conversation" or reply's and to all of the Lisburn people that I rediscovered over the years..as we say in South Carolina, Y'all be careful.
Allen Harrison..formerly 20 Spruce Street, Low Road and 38 Llewellyn Ave.
BYE.

Allen Enjoyed the craic while it lasted Kind Regards Ted late of 1Garvey Terrace ?

Ted
we should nevertheless stay in touch and maybe have a wee get together in God,s waiting room better known as Weatherspoons with perhaps a few lurkers looking in.
That aul song comes to mind, just a little bit changed. " A bunch aff the boys were woopin it up in Weatherspoons saloon,a farmer´s boyfrom Tullynabuck was playin a ragtime tune"! Wonder how many know where Tullynabuck is?
donald

allen
small world. we lived in 19 then 21 spruce street, when i was there that is.

allen
small world. we lived in 19 then 21 spruce street, when i was there that is my parents lived there for years and i did from the age of 12. good luck tom

Donald no problem, look forward to your return, Donald regarding your request to Billy as to a suggestion as how to reinvigour the forum I dont think you are going to get an answer from him,the silence is deafining ,no surprise really,
Untill we meet again Donald & Co either in Heaven or Witherspoons
Regards to all Ted

Ted
a wee dander down along the towpath, a duke at Hilden school and then a few biffs in Weatherspoons. A pity we could not end up with a fish supper in Genesis in Market Square to make the treat complete.
donald

Donald, That sounds brilliant, no one ever replaced Genesis really did they, I often remember coming out of the pictures putting our money together and getting a fish supper, flooding it with vinegar, by the time you reached the Castle Gardens the paper was sodden and we were fighting over the last chip, Regards
Ted

Ted
then coming down past the chip shop on the Lowroad and smelling the cooking!
donald

Donald, It did nothing for your appetite, but the memory lingers on ?Regards

Ted
wasn´t that chip shop owned by Miller who also owned a sweetie shop up the road? Duncan was the frye,r he was the son-in-law if I remember correctly.
donald

donald,
i think this came up before? the fryer was apparantly the son -in -law and was a keen lambeg drummer?

Tom /Donald, His name was Bob Duncan and he was married to The oldest daughter of the Miller family,and you are right Tom he played the Lambeg drum on Bow Street regularly, it's still going strong under new ownership as it is a magnet for the school opposite and of course it would have a much more varied menu today than in Miller's days Regards Ted