Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas & New Year.

"Wakey Wakey Everyone, rise and shine the morning is fine". I say that because I think everbody must be asleep with the lack of participation on the Forum.
While I fully realize everybody was busy with Xmas including myself as my family all met in a local restaurant for Xmas dinner which was excellant if you like fancy food, myself I am a plain eater so didn't enjoy it that much and left quite a bit on my plates.

Anyway people Here's Wishing you All The Best for a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year, a bit premature I know, but what the heck. Tally Ho Mauri

Re: Xmas & New Year.

Mauri

Here in Devon, it is unusual to get snow, so we haven't seen as much as a snowflake. It has been mild for the time of year, but getting colder now with a bit of frost forecast. Yesterday we went for a four mile walk. It was very muddy along the little country paths near the sea but exhilerating! That is our idea of a good Christmas! Don't give up walking Maurie it is so good for all of us!

Best wishes

Liz

Re: Xmas & New Year.

Hi Liz, We don't do much walking now as Joy has to use a cane,at one time we done quite a bit.

I remember one time in my Royal Navy days going to sleep on the prom in Plymouth getting woke up by a Police Officer and walking all the way back to Wembury camp outside Plymouth and getting there in the wee hours of the morning,not sure how far that is but quite a distance.doubt if I could do it now. I was all of 19 at the time. Have a Great New Year. Mauri