Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Computers

What a week??. First of all my wife Joy had trouble with her Ipad trying to talk to her daughter and husband on vacation in Mexico. it froze due to her typing in the wrong code too often, then when I was tryint to clear it my computer started making funny noises and the web site froze as well, to cut a long story short I finished up buying a brand new computer (the old one was a rebuilt} and also a new Ipad altough Joy's son is still trying to get the old one going, so now I am trying to get used to the new one which as I am sure every one will appreciate takes some time. "Ah Well will probably be the last time I will have to purchase a computer???.

Ann are you still determined to say off the Forum,?? come on we all miss you make our day by coming back on. All Best Wishes Mauri

Re: Computers

Hello Mauri
This all sounds like the fumblings of my brain as I get older! Technology too difficult and doesn't make sense and it is better to buy a new one rather than fix what we have. Funny thing is, things work for my husband but not for me. He says it is because I am impatient, I always have been and I have not a lot of hope to be different as I get behind with new technology. I sometimes wish for the simple life we used to have when I understood everything. I daren't think what the future holds.

Ann
We are not going to let you go, come on now, make our day and tell us what is going on in Lisburn with the Christmas decorations. How else are we to know

Re: Computers

I'm a little slow in replying to yours Liz, but I agree 100% with what you say, in my view the good old days were really the "Good Old Days". computers and cell phones etc while handy at times, to me mostly a pain in the ????? Mauri