Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time to say goodbye

I have decided that it's time for me to say farewell to the Forum. I would like to wish my friends a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Healthy New Year. Goodbye and God Bless.

Re: Time to say goodbye

Ann, You can't be serious, you are one of the main contributors to the Forum and have been for a long time. I suspect that Big Bertha has got to you with her stupid and wild accusations.

Please reconsider and stay on, without you the Forum will no longer be the same. Mauri.

Pat

I have just tried to send an email to you but it has failed, the address must have been changed and I would like to be in touch with Ann privately but can't publish my email or address on he Exiles because of the "Nutters". Can you tell me how to be in touch with your sister please as I would like to meet her for coffee next time I am home. Many thanks
Liz

s

Can you not fight your own battles all you seem good at is getting people to fight for you and stir it up

Ann
I have decided that it's time for me to say farewell to the Forum. I would like to wish my friends a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Healthy New Year. Goodbye and God Bless.
It is with sadness & regret I find that Ann has decided to leave the Forum. Over many years we have corresponded mainly on it with our friends,had great stories & merriment & reminiscences.

All without malice or angry words, even if at times we argued, which is natural with good friends.

Ann has, as Mauri said ,been one of the main contributers, she filled in for me many times. I find it hard to come to terms with her absence.

I will be the one to miss her most & am saddened by the recent events. The phone is an impersonal contact, the Forum was as if we were all in the same room, we could reply instantly

I know once she has decided something that is it, but I am missing her already. The humour has gone, the day will not be the same. Certaintly the Forum will not be the same with out our Ann & her many funny episodes etc.

Pat

Liz,

Have passed on your message to Ann.

Pat

Ann, very sorry to read you are leavIng the Forum. My goodness, I hate to think what might happen when you are not posting. So many times I have seen you step in and get people writing again, you have your own special way of doing this.

Your posts are always interesting and entertaining. Every time I open my iPad, I look forward to reading your posts and enjoy your interesting comments.

Please reconsider staying, as you will be sadly missed.

Wishing you all the best for Xmas and a very Happy
New Year.

ann,
just booked on and read your sad news. you will be greatly missed with your comments and news tom

ann I cannot understand why you have quit the forum because of the comments of someone with obviously more hangups than a wardrobe. whom I suspect is not even serious about the comments they posted. I know that I don't contribute regularly but I always lurk in the background and I check forum religiously every day. to bertha I say it is a very special kind of coward that hides behind a false identity. why would you want to attack so viciously anyone who just wants to have a bit of craic with like minded people. get a life and at least tell us who you are. look forward to hearing from you.

Hi lowercase,

In reply to your post there is nothing false about me unlike some people I could mention,

Now I might have a hangover and definitely need a new wardrobe ha ha.Like yourself I have followed this forum for a long time also without commenting,now if people go of this forum it's because they have a guilty conscience there is a lot on this forum has used and bullied myself,I thought you at least would of had something to say about the posts under the name Patrick and answered by the same person under another name,all of this abuse because of my opinion of a certain person which I believe you have the same opinion as me ,from what I can see from your posts last year, maybe they were scared to bully you,I will maybe see you at the Tuesday bell at the next gathering.

Happy christmas

bertha I am not that easily bullied or scared. the reason I don't come on forum is because most of the time I have nothing of interest to contribute. perhaps when people get to a certain age one must give them a licence to be crochety & grumpy. (myself included)it is too easy under anonymity to be nasty to people who maybe get upset easier than you and I. what is it the bible says? "let he is without sin cast the first stone" I look forward to meeting you at god's waiting room i.e wetherspoons where perhaps you could do a bit of poledancing with the rest of us. ann stop being bullied and get back on here or I will send some male nurses down to look at your bits.

Bertha, Please tell me what it was about my post that made you think I was not a real person but instead someone who hides behind a Pen Name.

Bertha, I am 67 years young, I have 5 children and 12 grandchildren. I hide from nobody and like Eamon Lowercase I am afraid of nobody.

I have a suggestion to make before like Ann I also slip quietly off the Stage as I refuse to be associated any further with the petty nonsense in which you seem to thrive.

You seem to have an affinity with Eamon Lowercase and if Eamon agrees to find a way to pass a private email address to me I will prove to Eamon beyond any shadow of doubt that I am, who I say I am. If this can happen will you come back on to the Forum and identify yourself before you offer an apology to Mauri and myself and I would expect that you reserve the biggest apology to Ann and persuade her that without her and other the lifers this forum would not have existed.

Eamon, remember the Red Renault Dolphine and the cross keys. Put your thinking cap on and you might find me somewhere in your memory.

Patrick

Patrick my email add is ray.atlantis@tesco.net

Pat wise up everybody knows this is you ,why are you keeping this going let it go let it go

Pat I apologise to nobody for my opinion ,now as regards to your sister Ann that was her decision and a poor one at that utility you are keeping this going now let this be end to it as spite is an awful thing.

made a mess of my last post

pat i apologise to nobody for my opinion,now as regards to your sister Ann she made the decision to go of this forum which i think was a poor one,now you are keeping this going now let this be an end to this as spite is an awful thing

Merry christmas

Joined the forum a year ago, loved the talk and history, but like Ann i believe something has been lost so good luck to you all Merry Christmas and the very best for all. Goodbye
Ron Bingham

Very concerned to lose a very valued member of this forum. I would love to get some advice on anything that can be done to improve the forums and to ensure that no one feels they have to leave. If anyone wants to talk to me privately, just send an email to info@lisburn.com and I will get back to you asap. Everything is held in strict confidence. Thanks, Darryl

o k ann don't say I didn't warn you. two big burly male nurses on their way to see you. the only way to stop them is say hello on here.

I am absolutely disgusted that someone has tried to upset and mock the members of this friendly site. I am what has been described in the past as a lurker. My parents my sister and I left Lisburn when I was very young, so I have little memory of my early years there, hence the lurker. I have for over 8 years been reading people's memories of where I, my sister and my parents were born. Unfortunately I found this wonderful site after my dad passed away, he would have loved it.Before my mum passed, I would read every day the stories of people and places of their past,she would remember so much and I knew a lot only through the stories they told me over the years.

We went back to Lisburn several times, many years ago. We stayed with my aunt and uncle, Sally and Frank Hannah and my cousins. I met other aunts, uncles and cousins from my mum's side of the family. We also met Wee Davy Jones and saw him driving his wee car.

Why is someone who has just come on this site trying their best to upset things. Please don't let this person ruin it,it's play ground stuff. Ann please don't leave the forum.

Heather if that is your name I find it disgusting that your trying to keep this going if you have read all the posts there was only one person getting mocked and bullied as you don't know any of the people on this site,I think you are an alias still using the wooden Spoon have to go now my spuds are burning up the banner

Hi Ann,
we had good "intelligent" back and fourth's. Unfortunately
those who are finding pleasure in destroying the forum have nothing better to do. The likes of Bertha..Lord help her..now she we will go to Chapel I am sure and be justified in her perspective..? (get those two words?)
Or maybe not. Hello to all of the regulars, including Mauri who started this whole thing..it is his fault..just because you are a fountain of information.
Can't wait to see responses (Bertha that means reply's)to this posting.
Carolina Irish, Allen.
Mauri I am not Caroline..:smile:

Re: Time to say goodbyel

:relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:All for you Caroline

Re: Time to reflect ,and think it over !

Hi Ann

I can't believe what iam reading . You are going to leave , although I am not on the forum often , I run out of things to say ,but I thoroughly enjoy your stories ,about going down the line ,with your hubby ,and the dog .Like Mauri ,Dabbler , Beano, and all the rest ,who can put words on to the computer screen ,and all turn out so interesting ,for us all to enjoy .What am I going to do now , Sometimes when my computer is on standby ,my photos come up on screen , and I am not sure which photos are shown .But low and behold a lady like Rita Hayworth comes up dancing with a lovely vail , hope you remember . Yourself ,giving us all a laugh at the meeting a while back ,in the Witherspoons . And the another walking down the line ,with the wee dog .
So come on Dominic ,tell this good lady of yours , to stay ,with the Senior citizens, and give us some more of her lovely stories.And put us out of our misery .
All good health ,and Christmas Wishes to all .
Ps I could send some photos of The Ann of the one veil , if requested Ha Ha !