Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sea Story

Not sure if I told this one before,but just to keep Bertha going here it is.

After the Korean war ended we were doing exercises on the Australian Frigate "HMAS Murchison" off the coast of Japan with an American submarine the "USS Basha".

About half way through the exercise six of us from the Murchison swapped places with six from the submarine for the day.We were immediately impressed with the living conditions on the submarine which were superior to ours on the Frigate.

What impressed me were the nice comfortable bunks (we slept in hammocks} the 24 hour coffee pot,fresh fruit available in compartmens under the messtables,and air conditioning which was not common way back then (1953.

I was so mad when I compared to the way we were living on a surface ship 270 of us living on top of each other that when I returned on board I immediately withdrew my name from a promotion class for Petty Officer which didn't make me very popular with the Executive Officer however I couldn't have cared less???. Mauri

Re: Sea Story

did the man from milk tray not jump out of a helicopter for you and leave you his card

There you go again Bertha, Rambling on and talking nonsense?? I see you are only 72 years old,which means you would have been in nappies when I first left Lisburn and in fact long after I left Lisburn, I should say for the first time as I have often been back. Have a great day. Mauri xxx

Aw Mauri,

You love me really

Mauri, for goodness sake don't get into BERTHA'S nappies...you may never get out and we would miss you.
Allen.

Allen

YOU AND YOUR MATE ARE TWO SAD OLD OLD PERVERTS AND PAEDOPHILES GETTING INTO NAPPLIES DISGUSTING IT'S ABOUT TIME THE LAW LOOKED AT THIS

SORRY For The SPELIING IN MY LAST POST YES UNBELIEVABlE

Billy, your SPELIING is UNBELIEVABIE..it's right up there with Bertha's
grammar??